Author Topic: Clearly the World Needs TITAN  (Read 2171 times)

Offline vikram

Does Bitshares X allow users to do transactions without the TITAN feature? I'm thinking that there could be cases where one wants a particular transaction to be visible and verifiable to third parties. Should visible transactions be made an option?

Bitcoin-style address transfers are still possible, just not accessible in our wallet at the moment. We will be adding an option for this.

Offline amatoB

• View Profile
Does Bitshares X allow users to do transactions without the TITAN feature? I'm thinking that there could be cases where one wants a particular transaction to be visible and verifiable to third parties. Should visible transactions be made an option?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
How long do you think it will be before we have gmail level GUI for wallet/ KeyMail?

Technically it could be out this year. Because of the JSON RPC interface it should be extremely easy to build wallets and similar services on top. I would not be surprised if multiple competing wallets come out pretty fast after the launch.

To make this really Gmail level simplicity we need a way to do easy, secure, thin clients which nonetheless hold the private keys. This is solvable tough.

+5% agreed
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline yellowecho

How long do you think it will be before we have gmail level GUI for wallet/ KeyMail?

I think this is vital.. it'll also give another great marketing angle.  Anonymous messaging would be huge given the NSA scandals and whatnot.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline itnom

• View Profile
    • Bitsapphire - The web development group that makes disruptive startups happen

Technically it could be out this year. Because of the JSON RPC interface it should be extremely easy to build wallets and similar services on top. I would not be surprised if multiple competing wallets come out pretty fast after the launch.

To make this really Gmail level simplicity we need a way to do easy, secure, thin clients which nonetheless hold the private keys. This is solvable tough.
Back our bid as a BitShares Delegate! http://bitsapphire.com/Bitshares-Delegate

wallet_approve_delegate bitsapphire true

bitbro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bytemaster

TITAN does not link your key to an identity, simply to a name. Your TITAN name/key is something that you would include as part of your Keybase profile to link it to your identity.

Except with Follow My Vote, we will have it linked to your real world identity on chain :)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline vikram

TITAN does not link your key to an identity, simply to a name. Your TITAN name/key is something that you would include as part of your Keybase profile to link it to your identity.

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

clout

Saw this article on coindesk. I read the intro and thought "yep thats TITAN"

A new project called Keybase is attempting to make cryptographic keys, like those used for bitcoin wallets, easier for everyone to use.

One of the most important elements of bitcoin is arguably the cryptographic key pair, and every wallet has two keys: a public one as an advertised address, and a private one that controls it.

Yet, the system is not perfect. Key pairs are confusing for many users and there isn’t yet an effective, decentralized way by which keys can be linked to an identity, thus proving ownership.

http://www.coindesk.com/keybase-project-plans-make-cryptography-easy-twitter/