Author Topic: Get rid of init delegates  (Read 8251 times)

Offline bytemaster

I intend to vote for the most promising delegates other than init* tomorrow when I get a chance.  We need a very diversified group of delegates and the whales want that as well. 

The init delegates have no incentive to harm the network and have no extra power.   If you want them out then find a measly 3.9% of the shareholders to take care of it.

Right now the funds received from the PTS angel address are voting for many of the initial delegates, but also some of the other delegates.   I plan on using those funds to bring in more delegates tomorrow.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

I REALLY do not how to put this, but:

Big stake-holder will, and should be, well represented. The fight, imho, should not be to remove them from there but rather to remove ‘other artificial barriers that keep their lawful/just representation above their stake and/or increases the benefits received by such representation above said levels’
Just my 0.2 Butsies.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
3I the company probably did not put those votes.
If by "3I" you mean one of the whale members (dan, stan, bo, greg, etc) then probably you are right.

Thanks for the reply, Toast.
By *3I the company* you mean the entity behind ELmZgzRQCKeEKM6ifgTqNkC4ceiAWw and those 61,000 PTS, right?
If so, shouldn't those BTSX derived from ELmZgzRQCKeEKM6ifgTqNkC4ceiAWw be publicly viewable, i.e., which BTSX address did ELmZgzRQCKeEKM6ifgTqNkC4ceiAWw get imported to?

In theory yes, but I'm not really motivated to find out... I do not think init* having a high % votes for the first while is a problem. Just wait until those funds start voting for real and then people will really start to complain.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
3I the company probably did not put those votes.
If by "3I" you mean one of the whale members (dan, stan, bo, greg, etc) then probably you are right.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

They should go away naturally as real delegates get votes.

They have way too many votes to begin with. They should be gone as soon as there are enough real delegates.
True - They should have started with much lower votes.  Also, there should be more than 100 delegates.

They did start with very low votes, < 0.01%, but some share holders choose to approve them.
"some share holders"...I can hardly find any other party with 3.9% BTSX besides 3I:

So, conservatively, 3I holds at least 4.8% of all BTSX in circulation.
Can 3I prove that they didn't vote those init*** delegates using those 4.8% BTSX?

I guess It may be due to security reasons, give time to delegates to well prepared, not just rush in without good service.
I take it that you (HackFisher) has admitted that 3I is behind those 3.9% votes, but for *good* reasons.

Actually, I don't know anything about these votes, you should not put my guess and saying that I have admitted something.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I guess It may be due to security reasons, give time to delegates to well prepared, not just rush in without good service.
+5%
we need more time

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Most delegates have already prepared during last 10 Dry runs.

From the point of free market, any shares holder can do what way they want, the reason for them to do that way is to protect and improve there share values, and that's the point of pos.
With approval voting, 3% is not high at all, most shareholders seems choose wait and watch which delegate are good guys and they want vote.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:51:12 am by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

"some share holders"...I can hardly find any other party with 3.9% BTSX besides 3I:

There seems to be a strange concentration of votes currently, with a few whales and a bunch of init delegates with huge vote stakes taking up all of the active delegate list. I wonder what is going on.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

Most delegates have already prepared during last 10 Dry runs.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

They have way too many votes to begin with. They should be gone as soon as there are enough real delegates.
True - They should have started with much lower votes.  Also, there should be more than 100 delegates.

They did start with very low votes, < 0.01%, but some share holders choose to approve them.

So, conservatively, 3I holds at least 4.8% of all BTSX in circulation.
Can 3I prove that they didn't vote those init*** delegates using those 4.8% BTSX?

Offline Riverhead

Interesting.  I chalk it up to the Monopoly phase (it doesn't seem like real money).  Also, I guess they are trusted delegates.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

dynamic number of delegates with respect to average income ... not too rich not too poor...

Offline Riverhead

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

>>> approve bitcoiners