Author Topic: Need an update  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Thanks for that! So I cant acquire AGS anymore? Will they be traded?

No, they're illiquid. If you have AGS you will be allocated shares in all the DAC's coming up which will be tradeable.

So did you buy your PTS before the X snapshot? If so you have a lot of bigger problems now to worry about than an update on PTS   :'(  Now you need be asking yourself some of the hard tough soul searching questions many in your shoes will be confronted with for the first time in the next year  :( Which Yacht should I buy? Do I want to go into Space? Which Victoria's Secret model do I want to date?  Which school in Africa should I fund?  :)

don't toy with me Empirical...

:)

merockstar

No, they're illiquid. If you have AGS you will be allocated shares in all the DAC's coming up which will be tradeable.

So did you buy your PTS before the X snapshot? If so you have a lot of bigger problems now to worry about than an update on PTS   :'(  Now you need be asking yourself some of the hard tough soul searching questions many in your shoes will be confronted with for the first time in the next year  :( Which Yacht should I buy? Do I want to go into Space? Which Victoria's Secret model do I want to date?  Which school in Africa should I fund?  :)

don't toy with me Empirical...

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

merockstar

nope. for all intents and purposes a PTS is now functionally equivalent to what an AGS would be if it were trade-able

Offline Gdemen

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
The July Newsletter is quite good for update http://bitshares.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/News-Letter-08-July-2014.pdf

Here is a list of the independent developer-operators who are working to release a DAC this year
and have committed to honor PTS and AGS holders with at least 10% of their bitshares. This is a
very good trend, don’t you think?
• FreeTrade will release Lotto Shares.
• Toast will releast BitShares.p2p
• Hackfisher will release BitShares Lotto.
• Eddie and Cob will release BitShares Music.
• Follow My Vote (followmyvote.com) will release a voting DAC.
• DACs Unlimited (dacsunlimited.com) will release BitShares X.

LottoShares was snapshotted (10% to PTS) last month I think, so you will be able to claim those sometime.

PTS has been rated buy by Cryptoanalytics https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5707.msg76987#msg76987

Even if you bought after X, the DPOS blockchains which are in action now and proving themselves also reflect very positively on all the DAC's that will use them.

Negative

No clarity on % PTS will get from the Above DAC's. (Obviously the difference between 10% & 40% is huge.)

No credible/traditional business plans presented for any of the upcoming DAC's. BitShares Music does have someone who talks the talk, very strong on marketing and has a lot of relevant experience in the field the DAC will be entering so while initially skeptical I'm pretty excited about that one.

In general I would personally say PTS is undervalued and would expect it to be worth at least double (When taking into account shares you get via snapshots) by the end of the year. 

Edit: Oh and AGS donations closed a few days ago, which is obviously good for PTS demand and price.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:03:44 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline Gdemen

• View Profile
I transferred my PTS before that date. I'm having trouble importing my wallet, I started another thread over at the PTS section - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5956.0

Offline bytemaster

If you bought them before Feb 28th, then you can import your wallet into BTSX.   

If after Feb 28th, then wait a month or two until the next DAC comes out (Likely DNS or Vote) and import then.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Gdemen

• View Profile
I've updated my old PTS wallet and downloaded the new bitshares wallet. Do I transfer my PTS to the Bitshares wallet?

Offline Gdemen

• View Profile
Any kind soul out there willing to update me on whats going on with PTS? I've bought a couple hundred a few months back and let the sit in the wallet and don't have much time to read up.

Thanks in advance!