Author Topic: What do I do with my PTS?  (Read 11597 times)

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
Re: What do I do with my PTS?
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 11:17:56 pm »
Was afraid of that. Thanks for the thorough explanation!

merockstar

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 11:10:54 pm »
A while back I sent a few PTS to:  PaNGELmZgzRQCKeEKM6ifgTqNkC4ceiAWw

I'm not sure what happens with this now?

Since the syncing is really slow (20 weeks behind still), do I wait to receive PTS back? I remember there was something like 2 for 1 program.

Sorry, so many things happening that it's hard to follow.

Did you send your PTS to the angel address before feb. 28th (the date of the BTSX snapshot)?

Yes, I've sent them before 28th Feb.

sorry I overlooked this. you won't get your PTS you sent back. you did get BTSX though. import your (now empty) PTS wallet that you used to donate to the angeladdress in the same way that I'm helping dude out with in this thread.

btw: FreeTrade has some Lottoshares waiting on you as well.

Thanks, did the first part.

Now to the Lottoshares, so to get these we need to importprivkey into Lottoshares QT (with private keys from PTS, AGS, MMC, BTC, DOGE)? Silly question but how safe is playing with private keys like that on one wallet?

not a silly question, but rather a legitimate concern.

the answer is not safe. especially when there gets to be a much wider variety of DACs out there.

there's a solution being worked on that will allow people to prove their stake to third party DACs without revealing their private keys, but isn't implemented yet. I personally am choosing not to claim any of my lottoshares until that solution is implemented.

the consensus for now seems to be that FreeTrade is on the up and up, and that lottoshares is safe though.

where lottoshares is concerned, the PTS and AGS distributions take a certain amount of time to mature, 2.5 months I think, so people won't dump. so no rush anyway. just wanted you to be aware.

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 10:55:44 pm »
A while back I sent a few PTS to:  PaNGELmZgzRQCKeEKM6ifgTqNkC4ceiAWw

I'm not sure what happens with this now?

Since the syncing is really slow (20 weeks behind still), do I wait to receive PTS back? I remember there was something like 2 for 1 program.

Sorry, so many things happening that it's hard to follow.

Did you send your PTS to the angel address before feb. 28th (the date of the BTSX snapshot)?

Yes, I've sent them before 28th Feb.

sorry I overlooked this. you won't get your PTS you sent back. you did get BTSX though. import your (now empty) PTS wallet that you used to donate to the angeladdress in the same way that I'm helping dude out with in this thread.

btw: FreeTrade has some Lottoshares waiting on you as well.

Thanks, did the first part.

Now to the Lottoshares, so to get these we need to importprivkey into Lottoshares QT (with private keys from PTS, AGS, MMC, BTC, DOGE)? Silly question but how safe is playing with private keys like that on one wallet?

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2014, 03:57:33 pm »
Hi there, can me tell anybody where i can download this bitshares X wallet and a step by step guide will be more than helpful. Thx

Yes , for me too please ! With words simply for google traduction, for share it to the french forums

Simple setup guide http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares-x-how-to
Download the wallet from http://dacsunlimited.com

Offline minerswing

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2014, 03:45:06 pm »
Hi there, can me tell anybody where i can download this bitshares X wallet and a step by step guide will be more than helpful. Thx

Yes , for me too please ! With words simply for google traduction, for share it to the french forums

Offline BrasilBiker

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 10:57:41 am »

merockstar

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 10:09:07 pm »
Got it fixed, appreciate the help!

glad i could help :)

Offline Gdemen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 10:08:21 pm »
Got it fixed, appreciate the help!

merockstar

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 09:53:23 pm »
check out this thread maybe something on there will help.

if you have file:/// preceding your wallet path you need to delete that.

merockstar

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 09:48:28 pm »
Yeah, I was able to import it under the time.

Where I fill in the import, I just paste the location of the PTS wallet.dat right? in Roaming/protoshares

not certain, to be perfectly honest I haven't used the software yet. having my own issues

it could be that I gave you the wrong snippet for unlocking the wallet. give me a minute to dig around and verify that.

while I'm doing that, trying bringing the wallet.dat in an explorer window, copy it to your clipboard, and then drag and drop it into that screen after unlocking

Offline Gdemen

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 09:45:02 pm »
Yeah, I was able to import it under the time.

Where I fill in the import, I just paste the location of the PTS wallet.dat right? in Roaming\protoshares
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:47:35 pm by Gdemen »

merockstar

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 09:41:47 pm »
Ok, got that to work but when I try importing I still get this error at the bottom -

RPC Server Error: In method 'wallet_import_bitcoin': Db::open: Operation not permitted (13)

hmm... did you spend the 120 seconds digging around to find your PTS wallet by any chance?

try increasing the # of seconds

Offline Gdemen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2014, 09:39:59 pm »
Ok, got that to work but when I try importing I still get this error at the bottom -

RPC Server Error: In method 'wallet_import_bitcoin': Db::open: Operation not permitted (13)

merockstar

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 09:35:42 pm »
Hmm, doesnt seem to be working. Just to make sure im doing it right, I would type it in like this -

walletpassphrase yourpassphrase 120

Password password 120 - right?

no, the "walletpassphrase" part is copy paste... it would make more sense if it was "walletunlock," blame bitcoin devs for that one.

walletpassphrase password #ofSecondsYouWantItUnlockedFor

Offline Gdemen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 09:33:43 pm »
Hmm, doesnt seem to be working. Just to make sure im doing it right, I would type it in like this -

walletpassphrase yourpassphrase 120

Password password 120 - right?