Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Cannot import .json file from backed up wallet - [Mac version 0.2.3]  (Read 2964 times)

Offline DavefromPhilly

• View Profile
Deleted this note as I figured it out and am possibly a "special"
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:41:56 am by DavefromPhilly »

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I would like to a create new BitShares X wallet with a stronger password.  What is the best way to go about this?  Do I need to start from scratch and register a new name or can I keep the old name?

I could be wrong but try saving a copy of the BitShares X folder, uninstall and delete all the folders.  When you create a new wallet, make your password strong at that point.  Once you're able to open the wallet, go back and switch out the BitShares X folders, close the wallet and reopen it. 

Let me know if it works!

edit: Try in the console
Code: [Select]
wallet_change_passphrase then space, then enter your new passphrase and hit enter.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:38:22 pm by G1ng3rBr34dM4n »

Offline optictopic

• View Profile
I would like to a create new BitShares X wallet with a stronger password.  What is the best way to go about this?  Do I need to start from scratch and register a new name or can I keep the old name?

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I was never able to import the .json file, but what I did figure out is that I could replace the new BitShares X folder with the former that I had saved in the folder:

~/Library/Application Support

If you run into this problem too, let me know!  I'd be happy to help try to walk you through it.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

hmmm now with the same command I used before I'm getting:

Code: [Select]
20019 file_not_found: file not found
Filename to import from could not be found!

Mac version 0.2.3

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Ok, can we get a copy of the log files from ~/Library/Application Support/BitShares X/ ?

I was able to access the log folder, which logs do you need a copy of?  (blockchain, default, p2p, or rpc?)
What's your preferred method to send to you?

Thank you bytemaster
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 02:07:31 am by G1ng3rBr34dM4n »

Offline burnourdough

• View Profile
Ok, can we get a copy of the log files from ~/Library/Application Support/BitShares X/ ?

Hey BM, there is no bitshares x folder. Would the apple error report help?

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline burnourdough

• View Profile
Couldn't open mine in OSX 10.7.5 to begin with. Crashes instantly when you do.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:25:49 pm by burnourdough »

Offline cryptfun

• View Profile

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I've been having a problem with the BitSharesX (Mac version 0.2.1) wallet crashing every time I open it and get the following notification:

Has anyone else had an issue with this?
If I click "reopen" or if I click "Don't reopen", the same result is "An error occurred while trying to start."

..I've even re-installed the wallet twice and to no avail.  I did back up the .json file and still have control off all my private keys, so no worries there. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 02:35:47 pm by G1ng3rBr34dM4n »