Author Topic: so many week hands?  (Read 6637 times)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Not sure you are correct "The 'mainstream' audience they were targeting obviously haven't shown up at the exchanges. " someone has shown up, its been the third largest traded coin after bitcoin and litecoin so plenty of buyers.

Still no answer to my original question "whos holding the week hands". Why are so many holders selling? the buying doesn't surprise me, but, whos giving it to them at such a discount?

The volume is Chinese - 70% CNY/BTC and 85%+ on BTC38 which I think is mostly a Chinese userbase. (Even though they have an English site too.) So whoever has handled marketing for the Chinese audience has done a fantastic job. The Chinese may also just be smarter.

I believe most of our marketing material  has been directed at an English speaking audience and that is where we seem to have failed. (Our BTC/BTSX volume is not even in the top 10.)

CNY volume outstrips BTC/BTSX volume 2/3 to 1, I don't think there is a single DAC/Coin where CNY/ volume even matches BTC/   1 to 1. On the one hand it is fantastic that we have appealed to the Chinese market much more than anything else out there but it also points at our failure to reach the English/Western market imo.

Edit: I stand corrected there is one - PTS - $35 000 24 hr CNY volume and $3600 BTC volume. 10-1 difference.  :-\

At least the product can sell itself now to the Western audiences. Once they get it, and the BTC volume gets in line with the rest of the market vs. CNY, the value of this will be massive & that could all happen very quickly imo. I still can't open it in Windows myself, but I'm terrible with computers.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 05:18:20 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I see nearly 0.5 million traded today which despite the 25% loss is still great news (for every seller there has to be a buyer) however, the volume of sellers took me by surprise.  Its there a rational explanation? coders needing to pay rent, eat, ect. Or an exchange with a bag full of something they don't understand?

Please let me know your thoughts

There are miners with tens of millions of millions of Bitshares. People who mined protoshares from the cloud and had 10,000-20,000 protoshares.

So now they would have like 10,000,000-20,000,000 protoshares. They have to pay for all that cloud mining for the past 6+ months.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
Yeah there was always a chance there would be a dip when the exchanges allowed deposits. (A lot of supply up for sale at once.) It's actually holding up pretty well.

It's strange when you consider the amount of IPO'S where investors/donators make money from weak products, and now you have the most awesome product ever, where people have had their money tied up for months and the fact that some IPO investors & donators have lost money is obviously disappointing. 

I think it's possible this could go down in the record books as an um, 'significant' marketing failure. 
The 'mainstream' audience they were targeting obviously haven't shown up at the exchanges.
In terms of a marketing strategy targeting the alt-coin market,  the people who would be buying BTSX at this stage, until the last month when a handful of people started posting on forums trying to inform people and create a buzz there was literally no BTT/forum based marketing campaign.

Having said that I'm INCREDIBLY confident in BTSX. This is just going to have to be one of the times where the product sells itself.

The info website has a great look http://bitshares-x.info/ and once people start downloading the wallet and chatting about it. It's going to the moon.

Edit: I will be shocked if BitShares X isn't sitting at, at least no. 5 in a week or two.

Not sure you are correct "The 'mainstream' audience they were targeting obviously haven't shown up at the exchanges. " someone has shown up, its been the third largest traded coin after bitcoin and litecoin so plenty of buyers.

Still no answer to my original question "whos holding the week hands". Why are so many holders selling? the buying doesn't surprise me, but, whos giving it to them at such a discount?

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Yeah, I agree.

I said it was 'holding up pretty well' but I have to admit the Chinese market is rocking! Big sellers but some big buyers too!
Enough people 'get it' there for sure!

CNY $ traded volume for BTSX has been huge in the last 24 hours!

Offline Overthetop

Yeah there was always a chance there would be a dip when the exchanges allowed deposits. (A lot of supply up for sale at once.) It's actually holding up pretty well.

It's strange when you consider the amount of IPO'S where investors/donators make money from weak products, and now you have the most awesome product ever, where people have had their money tied up for months and the fact that some IPO investors & donators have lost money is obviously disappointing. 

I think it's possible this could go down in the record books as an um, 'significant' marketing failure. 
The 'mainstream' audience they were targeting obviously haven't shown up at the exchanges.
In terms of a marketing strategy targeting the alt-coin market,  the people who would be buying BTSX at this stage, until the last month when a handful of people started posting on forums trying to inform people and create a buzz there was literally no BTT/forum based marketing campaign.

Having said that I'm INCREDIBLY confident in BTSX. This is just going to have to be one of the times where the product sells itself.

The info website has a great look http://bitshares-x.info/ and once people start downloading the wallet and chatting about it. It's going to the moon.

Edit: I will be shocked if BitShares X isn't sitting at, at least no. 5 in a week or two.

Agree.

The market data shows it is just the very beginning of the whole thing of BTS.

It seems we are just in IPO stage of BTSX.

:D

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:36:08 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
There are number of ppl that got into pts early and can profit even selling at prices that would constitute a loss for the average ags holder prior to the snapshot

no, its not that. I mined some of the first blocks before it was pools only and i cart imagine anyone in my position cashing out now.

clout

There are number of ppl that got into pts early and can profit even selling at prices that would constitute a loss for the average ags holder prior to the snapshot

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
My guess is that there are a number of PTS holders that don't understand or don't believe in BTSX and are unloading at their first chance. I see this as a short term thing.

hmm, but to be holding pts and following it close enough to cash in quickly suggests people who keep a regular eye on the forum? I guess they could be selling to buy back in as the typical launch is a week of price dropping, but that's risky if you know what you are holding. Im looking for another explanation, any other theory's?

Offline Riverhead

My guess is that there are a number of PTS holders that don't understand or don't believe in BTSX and are unloading at their first chance. I see this as a short term thing.

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
I see nearly 0.5 million traded today which despite the 25% loss is still great news (for every seller there has to be a buyer) however, the volume of sellers took me by surprise.  Its there a rational explanation? coders needing to pay rent, eat, ect. Or an exchange with a bag full of something they don't understand?

Please let me know your thoughts