Author Topic: Tradable subdomain account?  (Read 3553 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
^^  correct, and a parent's key can also change the child's owner key  (not yet, but eventually)
Wow
So I have a new question.
the vote belong to the account name, or owner key, or active key?

Votes belong to deposits (shares), not accounts.
Sorry I am not write it clearly.
I mean, when I vote 10000 shares for toast(with owner key Key1, and active key Key2)
these votes  belong to name toast, or Key1, or Key2?

To the name. (Account ID).
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
^^  correct, and a parent's key can also change the child's owner key  (not yet, but eventually)
Wow

Sorry I am not write it clearly.
I mean, when I vote 10000 shares for toast(with owner key Key1, and active key Key2)
these votes  belong to name toast, or Key1, or Key2?

Offline toast

• View Profile
Wow

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline alt

• View Profile
Wow

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline alt

• View Profile
can anyone  describe the procedures for leasing a child account to renter? How to protect the renter's right during the leasing period? from my understanding, owner can revoke child account's account and control all the fund on child account.   who kid of role that the active key plays here?

thanks

Yes, but the child account is always revocable by the parent account so it is no different from leasing "normal" names by changing the active key to one that somebody else control.

I am confused.  Does the owner of the parent account  hold the Private Key of child account? if i rent "google.com" from the owner of "com", how can i protect my fund in "google.com"?  what is the mechanism  of active key?

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

You control all funds sent to that account while your private key was active, but the owner can revoke it and grab all *future* funds sent to that account.
active key is used to generate the receive address in TITAN.
owner key is used to manage the account, like update the active key.

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
can anyone  describe the procedures for leasing a child account to renter? How to protect the renter's right during the leasing period? from my understanding, owner can revoke child account's account and control all the fund on child account.   who kid of role that the active key plays here?

thanks

Yes, but the child account is always revocable by the parent account so it is no different from leasing "normal" names by changing the active key to one that somebody else control.

I am confused.  Does the owner of the parent account  hold the Private Key of child account? if i rent "google.com" from the owner of "com", how can i protect my fund in "google.com"?  what is the mechanism  of active key?

You control all funds sent to that account while your private key was active, but the owner can revoke it and grab all *future* funds sent to that account.
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile

微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline spartako

• View Profile

it is clear now, thanks!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:19:44 pm by spartako »
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline spartako

• View Profile
I have seen that it is possibile to create subdomain name like "delegate.adam".
I know that account name are not tradable but is it possibile to register subdomain account without sharing the private key between the owner of top level name and an person that want a subdomain account?

In this way it could be valuable selling subdomain account like "google.com".
wallet_account_set_approval spartako