Author Topic: When will PTS Integrated into BTS?pow→DPOS+TITAN,thoroughly remould oneself  (Read 4379 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
That should be a broken basket, first of all, until PTS is fixed. So yes, some of the eggs will fall and break. But I'd say all the developments and talk related to BTSX has hijacked PTS' chances this week. People are selling one to get the other. Nothing wrong with DNS and Vote, but you've got the future of banking on the other side, selling for peanuts and about to explode.

So, if I could find it, I'd show a picture of a kid dropping a chicken egg to get a chocolate egg. Duh!

Where are liondani and/or Stan when you need them....

why not do this
1.snapshot aug21
2.embedded pts into bitshares x as a Bitasset
3.give back the rest pts to the ags donater & pts keeper  by the shares percent
4.let people get pts in bitshares x  through the private key

then  we can trede  directly   pts-cny    pts-btsx     in  bitsharesx  instead of  btc38 or bter

PTS as a bitasset  in bitsharesx
we can trade pts-bts  pts-cny  in low fees   instead of  btc38  0.1%fee
direct  pts-bts   not  pts-cny  cny-bts  in btc38  with  fee 0.2%

pts  is just a liquid  stock rights ,why not  chang into a bitasset  in Bitsharesx market?

if PTS(dpos) a new client  there will be  101+ new  delegate   & payment  is a waste

pts  as a asset in bitshares X with 2m total num is equal to AGS
but if  pts is a single  dpos ,  when it burns after few years, maybe  pts1.5m, AGS sitll 2m, it's not fair, that's a Naked plunder to agser

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
That should be a broken basket, first of all, until PTS is fixed. So yes, some of the eggs will fall and break. But I'd say all the developments and talk related to BTSX has hijacked PTS' chances this week. People are selling one to get the other. Nothing wrong with DNS and Vote, but you've got the future of banking on the other side, selling for peanuts and about to explode.

So, if I could find it, I'd show a picture of a kid dropping a chicken egg to get a chocolate egg. Duh!

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

sumantso

I know there are good arguments against it, but I do hope AGS is also converted like this. Simply because having it tied to one set of private keys forever is a massive risk.

Offline sudo

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
The primary argument for not changing things is that it keeps all the eggs out of one basket.

PTS basket...

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Yes, thanks for the explanations. I find them a little inconsistent. But that is the nature of a fast-growing system, where ideas are often replaced even before they can become reality. I've also read elsewhere that they are thinking of floating PTS on BTSX. That would be an improvement, but I prefer having a separate currency out there which brings others into this ecosystem. PTS can remain that separate currency; I'm just not in favor of continuing the mining when it is such a waste of resources (and when a much better alternative existed, that was developed in house).

Offline fuzzy

PTS needs some help and I hoped it would be DPOS. Keeping the miners in the loop is a poor reason for letting PTS decline. Let the miners mine something else and sell it on exchanges for PTS, which is what the other POS coin developers push their folks to do.

The quote below seems like it clarifies.  DPOS is still in testing to a large degree, so it makes sense not to convert it (yet).  The drop in price may even reflect the fact that it has not been converted to DPOS...of course this is just speculation. 

Dan stated in the last Dev Hangout that they have pretty much concluded they will not be making PTS DPOS-based.  Can't say I agree with that move, but they are likely doing it because they do not want to anger the mining community who has been quite vocal about this stuff in the past.  Just my take...

I am personally holding PTS and wondering why someone would want to honor an inferior (bitcoin-based) coin over something with DPOS + TITAN.

Once the exchanges figure out how to integrate with BTS X, then it should be relatively easy for them to integrate a PTS upgrade or even PTS on BTS X.  The primary argument for not changing things is that it keeps all the eggs out of one basket.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 05:38:41 am by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
PTS needs some help and I hoped it would be DPOS. Keeping the miners in the loop is a poor reason for letting PTS decline. Let the miners mine something else and sell it on exchanges for PTS, which is what the other POS coin developers push their folks to do.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
Dan stated in the last Dev Hangout that they have pretty much concluded they will not be making PTS DPOS-based.  Can't say I agree with that move, but they are likely doing it because they do not want to anger the mining community who has been quite vocal about this stuff in the past.  Just my take...

I am personally holding PTS and wondering why someone would want to honor an inferior (bitcoin-based) coin over something with DPOS + TITAN.

Once the exchanges figure out how to integrate with BTS X, then it should be relatively easy for them to integrate a PTS upgrade or even PTS on BTS X.  The primary argument for not changing things is that it keeps all the eggs out of one basket.

I  thought  keyhotee will be the itunes&appstore
now BitsharesX may be can take the place of keyhotee

uniform id system 
uniform brand
uniform UI sytle

memo can evolve into bitChat
pay some bts  ,you get  some  Network traffic

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
if PTS pow Change into dpos+titan
a new client software
id must registered again

if it is possibe  put PTS into BTS as soon as possible?
the price of PTS is so frustrating now
$ 3.59

then we can  trade pts-bts in bitsharesx  instead of exchange  pts-cny-bts   pts-btc-bts

How about the ability for delegates or anyone else to reinvest a specified percentage of their profits into any selected BitAsset?

Suppose a delegate wants to reinvest 100% of his or her profits to go directly into PTS? This should be possible. It should also be possible for a delegate or any user to reinvest a specific percentage of anything to anything else.

We can all benefit by promoting automatic reinvestment.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D