Author Topic: Delegate list?  (Read 5791 times)

Offline svk

Also perhaps adding some graphics of delegate's performance is a good idea. For example "missed blocks per day" and the delta of this metric. Current statistics are for delegate's lifetime. We should have better representation than total produced/missed ratio.

Good suggestions as well, I was thinking the same thing here too :)

I'll probably make the delegate names clickable and take you to an overview of that delegate's performance with some time-history graphs of things like missed blocks, ranking, number of votes for example.
I've got the delegate info page up, but the graphs proved too time consuming to do.

Info is a bit sparse due to a lack of time,  I'm supposed to be packing to go on vacation lol.

I've added a table showing all the votes for a given delegate, those are the net votes as given by the block chain data, I'll get around to adding them up once I'm back from vacation!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline svk

Also perhaps adding some graphics of delegate's performance is a good idea. For example "missed blocks per day" and the delta of this metric. Current statistics are for delegate's lifetime. We should have better representation than total produced/missed ratio.

Good suggestions as well, I was thinking the same thing here too :)

I'll probably make the delegate names clickable and take you to an overview of that delegate's performance with some time-history graphs of things like missed blocks, ranking, number of votes for example.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:59:54 am by emski »

Offline svk

It would be interesting to see who goes up and down by how much every day.  Like position 5 went up 3 spots in the past day, etc.  So we could get an idea of what is going on as far as votes moving delegates.

Great minds think alike! I've been thinking the same thing this morning lol, that will probably be one of the first things I add once I'm happy with the performance.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
It would be interesting to see who goes up and down by how much every day.  Like position 5 went up 3 spots in the past day, etc.  So we could get an idea of what is going on as far as votes moving delegates.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline svk

I didn't have a lot of time to work on this yesterday, but I managed to get in a few fixes and improvements:

• Fixed api calls that kept polling even when not inside the controller, should be safe to leave open now
  • Added registration date, changed votes to percentage
  • Removed transactions ids, displaying number of transactions instead
  • Backend optimisations, reduced size of api calls

Issues to fix before working on adding more stats etc:

• Rendering performance of long tables, think I know how to fix this, so will try to get it done this evening
  • CPU and memory spikes when returning the site if left open in an unused tab

If you like mysite, please vote for delegate.svk31, I'm currently only in 334th place, I need your votes! :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:12:24 am by svk »

Offline svk

THundering headache?  Who cares ! Moooar! 

Seriously though great job.  I do have to wonder how often this is updated ?  i just turned on my Delegate and don't see it listed so I am a bit concerned ?

The delegates list updates every 30 seconds on the client, the backend updates every 10 seconds, but I'm currently only showing delegates with more than 0 votes. The blocks update every 10 seconds, you'll see them coming in in realtime basically.

I realized last night that the interval function I'm using to fetch updates doesn't turn off when switching between controllers in angularjs, so they currently keep running all the time. I didn't have time last night but I'll fix it when I get home.

Adding more stats is definitely a priority.

Update: Looks like I have a bad memoryleak, probably not a good idea to leave the delegates window open for a long time..
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:53:25 am by svk »

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Seriously though great job.  I do have to wonder how often this is updated ?  i just turned on my Delegate and don't see it listed so I am a bit concerned ?

Mine updates every block, however it really needs more delegate specific stats/filters (e.g. show only currently active, etc.)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

THundering headache?  Who cares ! Moooar! 

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Nice to see some competition svk!!! :) Good job!

I only wish I had more time to work on it, I'm at work now with a thundering headache after staying up till 3am last night working on the site, lol.
Know the feeling! Good Work!

Offline svk

I only wish I had more time to work on it, I'm at work now with a thundering headache after staying up till 3am last night working on the site, lol.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Can we get a list of delegates in a post here and make it sticky?

Until something like this gets integrated in the forums, you can try my new work-in-progress website:

http://109.24.254.169/delegates-info

Here's a preview:

very nice +1

Offline svk

Can we get a list of delegates in a post here and make it sticky?

Until something like this gets integrated in the forums, you can try my new work-in-progress website:

http://www.bitsharesblocks.com

Here's a preview:

Edit: Fixed link
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:13:14 am by svk »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
My IT skills are limited and I have absolutely no knowledge how to do these things...I don't know very basic things, such as create a web page, basically no knowledge at all (except in excel  ;))...

Unfortunately my day job keeps me very busy with very limited free time which i use to try to follow up and learn the developments in here..

In the end of the day, if no one buys my domain names, I will learn  and I will do this by myself but I don't see it happening within the next month...