Author Topic: New official support thread on bitcointalk for BitShares X.  (Read 9825 times)

sumantso

I know giveaways are not allowed. What about competitions?
You can arrange giveaways through a link to a third party page, maybe a google docs form.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
BTW there is a question there (not in the main but in the TITAN thread)  that I do not know the answer to... toast, BM,clout…?

thanks for the info.
so are there transaction hashes so i can prove i sent the money/btsx.
if dan buys something from stans shop and then stan says he did not receive the money how can you verify stan received it without blockchain transaction hashes?

Dan has his private key + sender key and can publish shared secret
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Hmm, not seeing any competitions on the alternate or alternate announcements cryptocurrency forums, guessing they're not welcome...

Offline fuzzy

Good question.  I'm pretty sure they're ok with that.  I think giveaways just end up with 40 page threads of "me too".  Go look at the delegate who is offering to airdrop or whatever back to bit*talk.org.  That is what they want to avoid.  Contests though we could do AFAIK.

Cool. I was thinking I might try an X meme competition or a when will BTSX pass PPC & DRK competition. Any other ideas?

Yea, it basically comes down to memes.  We can ask for themed memes.  There are also youtube videos/audio. 

You could make a wallet and have people try to guess how much is in the wallet.  ROFL The closest guess in a week wins !!!  Then pay it out and give out the key for anyone to verify.  Seems like a giveaway.. but to be perfectly honest, it is a competition. ;)

Lets see... Trivia ?  "Name the first development environment and platform used by Dan Larimer"  (Not that Dan wishes to be involved..) We can't use googleable stuff.

I like the trivia one....we could start with the question: "is bitshares turing complete?"
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Good question.  I'm pretty sure they're ok with that.  I think giveaways just end up with 40 page threads of "me too".  Go look at the delegate who is offering to airdrop or whatever back to bit*talk.org.  That is what they want to avoid.  Contests though we could do AFAIK.

Cool. I was thinking I might try an X meme competition or a when will BTSX pass PPC & DRK competition. Any other ideas?

Yea, it basically comes down to memes.  We can ask for themed memes.  There are also youtube videos/audio. 

You could make a wallet and have people try to guess how much is in the wallet.  ROFL The closest guess in a week wins !!!  Then pay it out and give out the key for anyone to verify.  Seems like a giveaway.. but to be perfectly honest, it is a competition. ;)

Lets see... Trivia ?  "Name the first development environment and platform used by Dan Larimer"  (Not that Dan wishes to be involved..) We can't use googleable stuff.

Cool, I'll sleep on it, I'll just make clear it's a personal competition and not directly related to BitShares so if they delete it or have a problem with it, not the end of the world.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Offline yellowecho

+5!  Great to see such positive user experiences and optimism!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I've posted a sort of mini faucet web_wallet with basic instruction on how to register an account to enable withdrawal from bter.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Fantastic  +5% I'm glad you've titled it as  a support thread! If there is fairly frequent support and answers to people's questions that will be gold  :)

Offline friendsofbitshares

• View Profile
Seeing is believing, so give it a click.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707593.msg7992779#msg7992779

Great place to get a few free BTSX so you can withdraw from bter.  Talk about your experiences.  Make friends not enemies.  Love all things BitShares and they will love you back!

First reply is that a "giveaway" thread not allowed. Poster does not appear to be a moderator, but may report the thread as "not allowed".
I am confused.  I've never bothered to moderate threads, but it is an option when you create the thread.  My assumption would be I can delete posts in the future.

If you don't do this, all it takes is one bored troll to just hammer the thread being obnoxious.  I've seen it before on bitcointalk.  It just ruins the thread for everyone.  I will go ahead and remove mention of the moderation from the OP.

Offline onceuponatime

Seeing is believing, so give it a click.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707593.msg7992779#msg7992779

Great place to get a few free BTSX so you can withdraw from bter.  Talk about your experiences.  Make friends not enemies.  Love all things BitShares and they will love you back!

First reply is that a "giveaway" thread not allowed. Poster does not appear to be a moderator, but may report the thread as "not allowed".