Author Topic: Wallet Questions!!  (Read 1542 times)

Offline zonda

• View Profile
Thanks for quick response!

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
First of all is this wallet that I can download at autodac limited website a stable version? It seems to me that I read somewhere on the forum that everybody are awaiting stable version. Also I don't see anywhere a SHA checksum to check for a download integrity, is this even necessary?

i downloaded the wallet for windows at bitshares-x.info because bytemaster gave his ok for this :D it runs stable on my computer, but some people reporting crashes.

If I understood right, BTSX wallet is a combination of NXT brain wallet and BTC qt wallet. There is a master password needed to send funds but IS THIS MASTER PASSWORD ALSO NECESSARY TO ACCESS MY ACOUNT?

yes, for master password to log in and send

WHat is the role of the wallet.dat file? What happens if my hard drive fails and I need to download a wallet to the other computer, is the wallet.dat file and my password necessary in order to do a clean install on the other computer?

in the client you cent export the wallet in json form. In a case of harddrive crash you need it and of corse your master password

I see that there is an option to register name in the account. IS THE NAME REGISTRATION OBLIGATORY? Furthermore, can we use these names to send funds to other people. Or we can only send funds via public key that we can find under advance tab.

i think the registration is Obligatory, but yes you can send via the name, so it will be much easier on the long run

Offline zonda

• View Profile

And if that HOW TO doesn't work for you, explain where you were hung up etc in the forums and you should get an answer.

OK guys, I already have couple of questions, please bear with me since I am new.

First of all is this wallet that I can download at autodac limited website a stable version? It seems to me that I read somewhere on the forum that everybody are awaiting stable version. Also I don't see anywhere a SHA checksum to check for a download integrity, is this even necessary?

If I understood right, BTSX wallet is a combination of NXT brain wallet and BTC qt wallet. There is a master password needed to send funds but IS THIS MASTER PASSWORD ALSO NECESSARY TO ACCESS MY ACOUNT?

WHat is the role of the wallet.dat file? What happens if my hard drive fails and I need to download a wallet to the other computer, is the wallet.dat file and my password necessary in order to do a clean install on the other computer?

I see that there is an option to register name in the account. IS THE NAME REGISTRATION OBLIGATORY? Furthermore, can we use these names to send funds to other people. Or we can only send funds via public key that we can find under advance tab.

Thanks guys and please if you have any other pointer that I shouldn't forget about the security while creating wallet. Security is everything in cryptography and I like to ask questions.

Offline zonda

• View Profile
Great,
Thanks guys!

Offline gamey

• View Profile

And if that HOW TO doesn't work for you, explain where you were hung up etc in the forums and you should get an answer.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline onceuponatime

Offline zonda

• View Profile
Hello guys,

I am a complete newbie with BTSX. At the moment, my BTSX order is filling up on BTER.
Please tell me about the wallet. Is it BTC like, NXT like or none of the above.

Is there a clear step to step wallet guide that I can follow and secure my funds once I obtain them on BTER?

Thanks guys and good luck to all!