Author Topic: New website: Delegate.bid  (Read 3050 times)

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page

Even if it is not currently visible in the client it will be very soon. I think it is not worth the effort.

Anyway you could point XXX.delegate.bid to the real delegate's site which might help.

Yes I would agree if there will be something like that in the client then an external site would be unnecessary. Unless it has some third party statistics or something, like what happypatty has done here: http://x.bitmeat.com/

And if a delegate can't figure out how to make their own website then that's just one more reason to find someone else to vote for.
:)

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
That's great but what average user is going to type "blockchain_get_account ****" for every single delegate? I wouldn't even do that and I'm a power user and a delegate myself! If there was a page in the GUI that displayed the list of delegates and all there public data somewhere then that's a different story.

Even if it is not currently visible in the client it will be very soon. I think it is not worth the effort.

Anyway you could point XXX.delegate.bid to the real delegate's site which might help.

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page

Well , each delegate can have his own site. There is a field that you can use when registering. Why should anyone use delegate.bid instead of his own site?
For example why should I use angel.delegate.bid when I currently use angel.bitdelegate.org ?

What would be nice is one place where everyone could go look for all the delegates. And you could put a link to your site from there. Because otherwise how would anyone find angel.bitdelegate.org other than digging through this forum? Until there is a one stop shop where people can compare delegates, the masses will have much less motivation to make good votes.

Code: [Select]
emski (unlocked) >>> blockchain_get_account angel-delegate
Name: angel-delegate
Last Updated: 10 days ago

ID    NAME (* next in line)           APPROVAL       PRODUCED MISSED   RELIABILITY   PAY RATE PAY BALANCE         LAST BLOCK
============================================================================================================================
5585  angel-delegate                  7.1971134526 % 682      26       96.33 %       100 %    1,242.17116 BTSX    96422

Public Data:
"angel.bitdelegate.org"

See the public data? It is already integrated in the client.

That's great but what average user is going to type "blockchain_get_account ****" for every single delegate? I wouldn't even do that and I'm a power user and a delegate myself! If there was a page in the GUI that displayed the list of delegates and all there public data somewhere then that's a different story.

Offline emski

• View Profile

Well , each delegate can have his own site. There is a field that you can use when registering. Why should anyone use delegate.bid instead of his own site?
For example why should I use angel.delegate.bid when I currently use angel.bitdelegate.org ?

What would be nice is one place where everyone could go look for all the delegates. And you could put a link to your site from there. Because otherwise how would anyone find angel.bitdelegate.org other than digging through this forum? Until there is a one stop shop where people can compare delegates, the masses will have much less motivation to make good votes.

Code: [Select]
emski (unlocked) >>> blockchain_get_account angel-delegate
Name: angel-delegate
Last Updated: 10 days ago

ID    NAME (* next in line)           APPROVAL       PRODUCED MISSED   RELIABILITY   PAY RATE PAY BALANCE         LAST BLOCK
============================================================================================================================
5585  angel-delegate                  7.1971134526 % 682      26       96.33 %       100 %    1,242.17116 BTSX    96422

Public Data:
"angel.bitdelegate.org"

See the public data? It is already integrated in the client.

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline emski

• View Profile

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
yes, we need something like this  +5%

Offline gamey

• View Profile

It is an interesting idea changing DNS records according to content... I wish you luck.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Good idea, I wish I was a good coder :'(
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Dear delegates and developers,

I would like to start a project developing a website that connects campaigning delegates with stakeholders looking to cast their votes. I have acquired the domain Delegate.bid for this purpose. The idea is that to see anyone's delegate bid, you would simply visit:

xeroc.delegate.bid
liondani.delegate.bid
spartako.delegate.bid
daslab.delegate.bid
etc...

If you are interested in helping with this project, PM me and we can set up a meeting. In the meantime, anyone can use this thread to brainstorm ideas of what features you would like to see from this website.