Author Topic: [Announcement] DNS DAC plan update, and salvaging Keyhotee namespace  (Read 5491 times)

Offline GaltReport

Offline testz

how does the web based dns dac authenticate the login user?and where is the user/password info stored?

documented here:  https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/BitShares-XT-Login

You click "sign in" in the browser and it will ask you in the client whether you want to. Exchange keys from blockchain. Eventually DNS client will hide in tray by default and pop a little "approve this action" window when necessary.

+5%
Amazing, I can't wait until our forum will support this.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
when it comes to the p2p domain names being auctioned.  I would suggest that you either have a delay from launch of chain to auction, to allow everyone to get in and settled or make the first few auction cycles quite long so that we don't run into someone being able to squat a bunch of names within the first few hours after launch, while everyone else is still sleeping/working.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
how does the web based dns dac authenticate the login user?and where is the user/password info stored?

documented here:  https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/BitShares-XT-Login

You click "sign in" in the browser and it will ask you in the client whether you want to. Exchange keys from blockchain. Eventually DNS client will hide in tray by default and pop a little "approve this action" window when necessary.
Wonderful!!

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
 +5% Great news.

Maybe 'burntbread' is still available on BTSX :)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline crazybit

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:44:52 am by crazybit »

Offline Overthetop

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline 小飞飞

• View Profile
Cheers!

Is DNS also using DPOS? Then the delegates are independent or merged with BTSX?

They are independent from the blockchain's point of view, but a delegate may choose to use the same name and campaign and run both delegates from the same computer

hi toast. congrats on the new DAC!
we'll do the snapshop for all ptser on btc38.com

also,we'd like to register btc38 on the DNS system. ;D

cheer,
Xiaofei from btc38
谢谢投票~ btc38.com.btsx-exchange , btc38.com.crypto-exchange

Offline zongguan

• View Profile
BTS : pk
Soundac witness : shanghai
www.soundac.io   www.peertracks.com

Offline toast

• View Profile
Cheers!

They are independent from the blockchain's point of view, but a delegate may choose to use the same name and campaign and run both delegates from the same computer
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Cheers!

BTS committee member:jademont

Offline toast

• View Profile
I have good news for everyone:

* Keyhotee founders who got screwed over by keyhotee blockchain getting superseded by a blockchain with stricter name rules.
* People who want to be "internet famous" but had their name taken by someone who didn't realize names are non-transferrable.

DNS DAC is launching soon.
Our client has support for "login" functionality to websites, sort of like Google or Facebook sign-in but with a saner security model. The DNS DAC has the unique advantage of being able to verify for the user that the site who is asking for login is the real thing. This makes DNS DAC's accounts a better "online ID" DAC than BTSX.

So DNS DAC, like before, will have two namespaces, but now we are branding both instead of just the domains:

.p2p domains  - throttled auction for initial distribution, normal marketplace otherwise. Used for locating websites, like a normal domain.
KeyID -  Your "account" name for holding funds and such and for authenticated with, just like BTSX names, one of your possibly many "internet IDs" or "named keys".  Used for technologies like "KeyMail" and "Sign In"
  -  KeyIDs are first-come-first-serve and *NOT TRANSFERRABLE* and it will be clear that this is the case. KeyIDs ("accounts") will be about 100x more expensive on this DAC. These are not "commercially valuable" names, those are .p2p names which are used for locating stuff. KeyIDs will have optional proof-of-burn for novelty / status or whatever but otherwise they are about as valuable as having "adam@gmail" vs "adam1@gmail" - nobody cares.

Keyhotee-the-software is pretty much unchanged and could use KeyID as the "root" blockchain, where you can hook in your DACs for other accounts. I don't run keyhotee so I can't promise this but it seems like the natural thing to do.

Notice which namespace we do NOT have in DNS DAC: The "Real World ID" /  proof-of-person-validated / thing that gets passed around government agencies.
This is for a separate DAC (voting++) which will have a separate name registration process. There are many options for how these two can "connect" which can be discussed later.

What you should do
I will initialize the KeyIDs in the genesis block with the following rules:

* If you are a Keyhotee founder with an invalid name, you can change your name.
* If a name is registered as a delegate on BTSX on the DNS snapshot date (not announced... yet) you will be *considered* for inclusion. This means obvious squatters will NOT be included.  ** KeyIDs will not be transferrable **.
* If someone registered your Desired name on BTSX, we MIGHT swap out their keys for yours, if they are a delegate
* Keyhotee founders might get a not-yet-decided Insignificant Perk but no promises

Reply here with your Keyhotee fixes / name squat complains here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6170
Do not litter requests in this thread, I will delete them.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 07:35:25 pm by toast »