Author Topic: How do I import wallet from .json file on another computer?  (Read 5156 times)

Offline zonda

• View Profile
Are BitShares X open sourced? Where can I see a source code?

Thanks

Offline zonda

• View Profile

sumantso

BTSX is all C++ and native code.  Lean n mean. :)

I myself don't have the expertise, but I have seen comments saying that that the bitshares_toolkit is very neatly organized with nice modules and stuff and quite easy to work it. I am not surprised, considering BM's penchant for attaining perfection.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Do you guys have blockchain explorer?
How to see my account balance without entering into my account, without putting in my password? Or is this not possible?

Also something else about the password and wallet.dat file. Since in BTSX we have a password and a wallet.dat, for someone to steal my funds, do they have to have my password and my wallet backup .json file or a content of my bitshares x folder from the above or is the password only necessary for somebody to hack bitshares wallet?

Thanks guys
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/DPOS_wallet_maintenance

You can not see your balance by a block explorer.  This is one of the features of TITAN.  See http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/TITAN  The graph at the right does a good job of visually explaining it.

Thanks for a response, everything is much clearer now. I have read wiki on wallet maintenance and all this thing with public keys, root key, registered and unregistered accounts is a bit confusing.

To keep it simple and if I got it right, if I created and registered just one account when I get into it, I go to File -> Export Wallet and do a backup in json then my backup should be done and I should be safe, right?

Also I know that NXT is written in JAVA, which language is BTSX written in?

Sorry if I am asking some dumb questions, I am new and I am just gathering many answers I can.

Thanks

Not all of the wiki is very polished.  It has areas that need work, but there are lots of things like that. :( 

Yes, that should be safe.  One account, create backup.  Save backup offline (maybe 2 backups?) and make sure you remember your password or store it on the cold storage device (possibly).

BTSX is all C++ and native code.  Lean n mean. :)
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline zonda

• View Profile
How to see my account balance without entering into my account, without putting in my password? Or is this not possible?

Also something else about the password and wallet.dat file. Since in BTSX we have a password and a wallet.dat, for someone to steal my funds, do they have to have my password and my wallet backup .json file or a content of my bitshares x folder from the above or is the password only necessary for somebody to hack bitshares wallet?

Thanks guys

You can not see your balance by a block explorer.  This is one of the features of TITAN.  See http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/TITAN  The graph at the right does a good job of visually explaining it.

Thanks for a response, everything is much clearer now. I have read wiki on wallet maintenance and all this thing with public keys, root key, registered and unregistered accounts is a bit confusing.

To keep it simple and if I got it right, if I created and registered just one account when I get into it, I go to File -> Export Wallet and do a backup in json then my backup should be done and I should be safe, right?

Also I know that NXT is written in JAVA, which language is BTSX written in?

Sorry if I am asking some dumb questions, I am new and I am just gathering many answers I can.

Thanks

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Thanks guys

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline zonda

• View Profile

Thanks guys

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

If you are using the GUI you cannot import the wallet.json yet. However, if you would like to put your wallet on another computer go to the BitShares X folder and copy the wallet folder to a flash drive. Put the wallet folder in the same location on the other computer and it should work
This is what I have done when upgrading my delegate.  Just copying the wallet folder from one to another.

This worked for me as well.

Offline GaltReport

If you are using the GUI you cannot import the wallet.json yet. However, if you would like to put your wallet on another computer go to the BitShares X folder and copy the wallet folder to a flash drive. Put the wallet folder in the same location on the other computer and it should work
This is what I have done when upgrading my delegate.  Just copying the wallet folder from one to another.

Offline zonda

• View Profile

How to see my account balance without entering into my account, without putting in my password? Or is this not pssible?

Guys please help me with this above.

Thanks guys

Offline zonda

• View Profile

yes in the AppData\Roaming\BitShares X folder

@ Zonda, did ^ work for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it did.. Works fine.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

@ Zonda, did ^ work for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline zonda

• View Profile

How to see my account balance without entering into my account, without putting in my password? Or is this not pssible?

clout