Author Topic: How-To Vote For Delegates  (Read 2243 times)

Offline GaltReport

Your votes aren't applied until you make a transaction.  So you can make a transaction to yourself and your vote will be applied for whatever amount was in the transaction.

I tried this and am getting an error something like wallet_transfer negative fee   

any ideas?

When you transfer the full amount to yourself, be sure to account for the fee, ie: your full balance -0.1 XTS

I'm not transferring the full amount.  It worked on my first test of .1 BTSX but now fails for any amount it seems.

Edit: Correction, it works for .1 BTSX.  Then it worked for 100.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 09:13:19 pm by GaltReport »

Offline bytemaster

Your votes aren't applied until you make a transaction.  So you can make a transaction to yourself and your vote will be applied for whatever amount was in the transaction.

I tried this and am getting an error something like wallet_transfer negative fee   

any ideas?

When you transfer the full amount to yourself, be sure to account for the fee, ie: your full balance -0.1 XTS
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline GaltReport

any ideas?

38PTSWarrior

Thx, this is very elegant!

Offline bytemaster

Do you also know what Random Subset, All and None means and what I should use?

All means it will vote for every delegate you have approved, random subset means it will vote for only 33% of the delegates you have approved (privacy), and None is to vote for no-one (max privacy).

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

38PTSWarrior

Do you also know what Random Subset, All and None means and what I should use?

38PTSWarrior

Thanks, I will try it out.

Xeldal

38PTSWarrior

Hello client 0.2.3 here,

Do I just have to click on the voting button (click to approve) and that's it?