Author Topic: MineBitShares.com - A virtual mining multi-pool for BitShares  (Read 54632 times)

Offline bytemaster

When is the bitUSD payout and the 5% bonus payout available?

The 5% bonus will be made available once payouts in BitUSD are active. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline joele

• View Profile
When is the bitUSD payout and the 5% bonus payout available?

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
I'm looking into buying Hashing power for the mining pool. Can I get paid directly in BitUSD now?
Do you have tutorials for complete newbie like me to throw money at this?

Offline JA

• View Profile
I would like to try this out with a Mac.  How do I get started?
First you need an ASIC miner or a good gpu (graphics card).
Download a mining software like CGminer, configure it with the pools address and your hardware.
Mine and get your reward sent to yout bts account address.

I left out many details so you should lookup a mining guide

Offline 70231f697a2b3c2b

• View Profile
I would like to try this out with a Mac.  How do I get started?

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
If it's profitable and it works, miners will come.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
some kind of refferal system like in coinking.io make grow the pool ... maybe
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nethyb
What if I don't want to buy mining gear and only make my capital work?

Could this function work directly in the bitshares client?

No, if i understand your question correctly. What is the outcome your thinking of?

Miners are actually mining POW coins on the pool such as darkcoin, litecoin etc. When they find a block the pool trades it for BTC and then buys BTS/BitUSD which is then paid to miners in proportion of their hashing contibution.

You need GPU, ASIC hardware to mine. Or rent pooled mining hash power from providers like nicehash.com.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
What if I don't want to buy mining gear and only make my capital work?

Could this function work directly in the bitshares client?

Offline jz831

• View Profile
    • Customized ASIC Controllers
I think it should pay out in only BitUSD because miners want set it and forget-it. 

I will match 5% of any mining proceeds and will support you for a 100% delegate

Lets keep it very SIMPLE.  Just modify the payout to BitUSD and then I will plus it up.

Very cool indeed.  Watching this thread for news.  I'm looking forward to pointing my temperamental Titan at this pool - thanks for the generous offer!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

I think it should pay out in only BitUSD because miners want set it and forget-it. 

I will match 5% of any mining proceeds and will support you for a 100% delegate

Lets keep it very SIMPLE.  Just modify the payout to BitUSD and then I will plus it up.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
What if I matched your payout with a 5% bonus?    That would make your pool more profitable than all of the other pools.  This would increase hash power and therefore total buy pressure on bts. 

What would it take to get your daily payout to $2000?

It appears, yet again we've thinking along the same lines.

How about i raise your 5% by having a 0% pool fee and payouts of 10,000USD per day along with 4,000 new BitShares/BitAssets users

I've actually been developing a proposal to present to the community for 'MineBitShares Reloaded' here is the bullet point summary:

MineBitShares re-invents itself as a core marketing asset for BitShares and BitAssets owned by the community
Charge zero fees for the pool thereby making it most profitable/popular multi-pool
The pool pays out only in BitAssets - BitUSD, BitCNY, BitGold, BitSilver (BitBTC if you really want)
East/West geo-located redundant pools with Chinese language support
I donate the pool, pool code,  website, delegates, send nodes etc to the community
We attract the following community team members to develop and maintain the pool by sharing the proceeds from a 100% paid delegate:
       Pool Developers – node.js, javascript, website/front end
       Pool Operators  -  Linux, VPS, DDoS admin, POW coin daemon/research, exchange payouts
Pool costs (VPS’s, DDoS, Website) are covered by a 100% delegate position or affiliate/referral fees

The critical part in all this is getting the team together, as I’ve spent a considerable amount of my limited personal time over the past 6 months in getting the pool to where it’s at today and managing it on a daily basis, and realize, there is no way I could achieve this on my own in a timely manner.

Although I won't get pool fees, I get to see my project's vision realised, help BitShares and my investments succeed and would be one of the pools paid developers/operators.

So your bonus and support will ensure this initiative has every chance of success, but ultimately the community would also need to support it.

Also, I bumped in to the (crypto friendly) owner of BitGild http://www.bitgild.com at a local bitcoin meet last year and realized it would be a win-win-win for the pool to enable BitShares BitGold payouts along with an affiliate relationship with a company like BitGild. I've pitched this idea to him and waiting for a reply back.  Eventually  your bonus and the pool fee delegate could be replaced by affialte fees, maybe not only with BitGold but with exchanges we refer BitCNY, BitUSD payout miners to...

What your thought's on the effectiveness on paying out in BitAssets only?

Note : I've done some research on estimating the 4000 users and 40+BTC. I believe that by removing the pool fee and now your bonus, ensuring minebitshares is the most profitable multi-pool for miners there is no reason why the pool could not attract at least 2,000 users from multipool.us and/or coinking.io and generate 40BTC daily in BitAsset payouts.  It would be very reasonable to assume these 2000 users would at least tell one of their mining buddies about the pool/BitShares/BitAssets etc.

iHashFury

What if I matched your payout with a 5% bonus?    That would make your pool more profitable than all of the other pools.  This would increase hash power and therefore total buy pressure on bts. 

This might even make my miner profitable  8)  +5%

Offline bytemaster

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
what is the daily payout on this mining pool right now?

2000 BTS on average...