Author Topic: Marketing - 1st wave  (Read 5602 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i just found this

http://coinbrief.net/coin-brief-coin-representatives/

i don't know how big this side is, but maybe someone who speaks and write better englisch then me will take this job.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
anyone should do what he can do. i am sure, that when anyone will talk and write about bitshares with his friends, colleague businesspartners etc. it will start. slowly but it will start. talking here is fine but everyone has to take action in his own hands.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Just look at how Facebook started. It began on a single campus and then spread to other campuses before becoming a huge hit with the population as a whole. A similar thing happened when Google was starting out--I witnessed this firsthand at my university: students there were among the first adopters of the Google beta search engine.

+5% +5% for first-adopter user base

Offline amatoB

• View Profile
When we finally get to the point of marketing outside of the crypto community we'll need to choose which demographics to target.

Should it be Students? Should it be bankers? Possibly. Maybe.

Or maybe it should be Marketers.  Market to the marketers.  The marketers will then market.  And our marketing will increase expand exponentially.

So - who should we target and how?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Students: Yes, definitely. When Bitshares X is ready, it should target university students aggressively. Targeting this demographic is one of the surest ways for Bitshares to seed future rapid growth. University students in general are among the most open-minded, socially responsible, and willing to try new technologies. They want to be hip, and they have large social networks that are likely to spread fads and new innovations rapidly. At the same time, college-age students are independent adults and are old enough to need banking/financial services. Perhaps Bitshares could start with on-campus trial programs, like university cash. Once they graduate in a couple of years, the college students of today will need even more financial intermediation services when they become wage earners. There are vast opportunities for loyalty/affinity programs as students graduate and enter the workforce. Plus, the university student demographic includes lots of people who are not involved with crypto yet, which creates good opportunities for future growth.

Just look at how Facebook started. It began on a single campus and then spread to other campuses before becoming a huge hit with the population as a whole. A similar thing happened when Google was starting out--I witnessed this firsthand at my university: students there were among the first adopters of the Google beta search engine. Shortly after I started seeing Google search pages popping up in the computer labs, it began to spread like wildfire. I'm willing to bet that similar things happened with Napster, etc.

Bankers/financial institutions: A much lower priority. They don't have a vested interest in Bitshares X because it goes against the very idea of traditional banking. What would be the value proposition for them? Why would they have an incentive to use it or promote it? (Having said that, I'd also point out that Ripple has targeted financial institutions for some time now; this is a quite different approach that could very well bear fruit for them in the medium term).

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Getting quotes from famous people in the space like Charles Hoskinson, Vitalik Buterin, Sergio Lerner, Peter Todd, Andreas Antonopoulos, Adam B. Levine, and other high status, savvy developers/media/pundits.

More difficult, getting quotes and support from famous investors and entrepreneurs, Andreessen Horowitz, Patrick Byrne, Winklevoss, Elon Musk, Mark Cuban, etc. and from celebrities that are non-savvy, like Ashton Kutcher, Nas, Roseanne Barr, Snoop Dogg etc.

For a start, at least Hoskinson, Buterin, Lerner, Todd, Antonopoulos, Levine, should have something quotable to say about the BitShares X project. Having this on the .info site probably wouldn't hurt.

(see what people are saying!)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
We should target high status people first. If the most intelligent, influential, rich person in your local community is talking about something, then the trend will follow.

Marketing to the "masses" is always an illusion, the masses blindly (and perhaps wisely) follow the advice of those who "made it," i.e. intellectuals, pundits, celebrities and wealthy people.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
IMO guess we should target --> Market Markters / financial institutions / Developers ! Something similar to this ..
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
When we finally get to the point of marketing outside of the crypto community we'll need to choose which demographics to target.

Or maybe it should be Marketers.  Market to the marketers.  The marketers will then market.  And our marketing will increase expand exponentially.

Why don't you conduct a survey and collect data then analyze it to figure that out?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

merockstar

The problem with the under banked element is that the people who do not have bank accounts are not exactly people wheeling and dealing in bitcoin

maybe i'm the exception but... *raises hand as such a person*

all it takes is a money order to coinmkt or campbx.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
The problem with the under banked element is that the people who do not have bank accounts are not exactly people wheeling and dealing in bitcoin
I speak for myself and only myself.

merockstar

after market pegging comes out (if it works, i think it will) we should market to people who either can't get bank accounts because of bad credit or are fed up with banks for their bullshit.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I think that after AGS being done, there is little to market for except to general crypto-enthusiasts.  Once we get a functional market with market pegging then it seems obvious we need to target day trading types. 
I speak for myself and only myself.

bitbro