Author Topic: BTSX trivia competition idea  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Idea is great .. lets gice the devs some 4 weeks to fix more bugs before attempting this game .. IMHO

Cool, maybe that's best. I don't think I can lock or delete the thread myself though
(I've only referenced it in one thread on BTT so I will go delete that.)

Edit: I've tried to update the content to make it more of an idea at this stage but if someone thinks it's best to lock or delete this thread to avoid confusion that's cool too.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 04:04:47 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Idea is great .. lets gice the devs some 4 weeks to fix more bugs before attempting this game .. IMHO

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Also this is likely to result in a lot of "pending" transactions that will not validate when two people attempt to register the same name at the same time.   I am not sure we have all the kinks worked out on cleaning up the user experience when this happens.   

I can make it a one day trial to see how it plays out in practice, with your warning about the CPU load as the first sentence.

Or I can cancel it as I doubt there will be much interest anyway, if you thinks that's best? 

Offline bytemaster

Also this is likely to result in a lot of "pending" transactions that will not validate when two people attempt to register the same name at the same time.   I am not sure we have all the kinks worked out on cleaning up the user experience when this happens.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Keep in mind that encouraging users to register a bunch of extra accounts will affect their CPU load and synchronization time.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Lets do 1000 BTSX per question, for a total of 10000 BTSX.

We'll use 8000 BTSX from the PTS community fund, approximately 15 PTS.. and i'll chip in 1000 with your 1000.

This one will be quite quick fire and maybe some will be a bit silly. So I might get through a lot very quickly.  I'm probably going to award about 2-5000 BTSX of my own funds in this game.

Juding by the interest here, we should be able to tell if it's worthwhile maybe setting up a proper one, with say 1000 BTSX per answer if 100 BTSX isn't really motivating anyone.

not sure if this is allowed on bitcointalk though, investigate first (:

Yeah it's not allowed which is why I why I will be doing it here, but I think it's OK to let people know they have to come here to take part, BTT, just doesn't want loads of replies in threads there centred around hundreds of different alt-coin promotions with no real content.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 04:00:36 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
not sure if this is allowed on bitcointalk though, investigate first (:

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Lets do 1000 BTSX per question, for a total of 10000 BTSX.

We'll use 8000 BTSX from the PTS community fund, approximately 15 PTS.. and i'll chip in 1000 with your 1000.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
The ten second confirmation times and the simplicity of being able to send to account names in BTSX is really cool.

So obviously this is a marketing exercise to hopefully encourage people to download the BTSX wallet and try it out.
I'm not sure, if there will be any interest in this, it's just a test really.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 04:07:28 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Edit: I was going to start a trivia competition (Thanks Gamey for the initial idea) as described below, but I've been advised that it might be best to wait a few more weeks before attempting something like this as well as a few other issues.  So I've updated the content to reflect that.

The competition would work something like this -

----

The first person to register the answer as an account name on the BTSX blockchain wins!

So if you know the answer, you have to the register it on the BTSX blockchain (Cost 0.1 BTSX)  as an account name because that is where the prize will be sent.

---

Example

Question: I'm looking for the character not actor name with the following clues...

(There will be a short time delay between each clue.)

Clue 1:  If he worked out a bit more he could have a body like mine.
Clue 2:  Wish I had a beard like that!
Clue 3:  A carnivorous mammal
Clue 4:  Wow look at those hands!
Clue 5:  His name is like a mix of  'marine' and 'wolf'

Up until someone registered the answer 'Wolverine' as an account name on the BTSX blockchain. (Yes I know that account name is already registered - I will make sure I ask questions where the answer has not already been registered which can be checked.)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 04:47:07 pm by Empirical1 »