Author Topic: USD, BTC, GLD price feeds....  (Read 6079 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
... Also feeds are not available during weekends.
lol woot?

I never participated in 'regular' markets ... but not being able to trade 24/7 sometimes still amazed me  :D

Heh well forex is 24/7 just no volume... so brokers figure its not worth the CODB to be online then.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
... Also feeds are not available during weekends.
lol woot?

I never participated in 'regular' markets ... but not being able to trade 24/7 sometimes still amazed me  :D

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
There are a lot of forex brokers providing price feeds for metatrader. Has anyone considered a solution using those feeds?

If you find a good broker which does not filter their feed then you can write a simply EA or indicator that will read the tickchart and write out to a file. Its fairly easy. The issue is that brokers freeze pause the feed during news so feed dependability becomes an issue. Also feeds are not available during weekends.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
There are a lot of forex brokers providing price feeds for metatrader. Has anyone considered a solution using those feeds?
If theses are public APIs why not use them .. sure .. however I cannot run metatrader on linux here so I cannot check ...
is there documentation of the apis? sources? used

Offline monsterer

My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline AEcharts

• View Profile
If a service like I described in my first post is something I could get funding to implement, how and where would I present this? The provided services would be much broader in scope than the specific solution I provided in my first post.

I am quite new here, so any suggestions or advice any has would be much appreciated.

Offline bytemaster

I don't think we need real time feeds... only feeds that are accurate within ~5%

Remember... it costs a transaction fee to publish a feed.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I don't think we need real time feeds... only feeds that are accurate within ~5%
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline AEcharts

• View Profile
Hello, I am new here. I have just discovered BitShares a few hours ago, read a few of the wiki pages and BitShares seems to have some interesting ideas. Because I am soo new I may not be understanding the request completely, but have described what I could provide below.

What I could provide is a data visualization of the correlation and/or cointegration between two different time series over an n period moving window. The data visualization could be in either PNG, SVG or PDF format. Just the data could also be provided in JSON or CSV format to be used for constructing trade logic. This could be done using a simple HTTP/HTTPS RPC or API call. The caller would supply the trade pair, n period moving window and what time resolution to use (eg. 5 minute, 1 hour, etc). The service would respond with either an image format or data depending on the suffix of the requested file (eg. .png, .svg, .json, etc).

I would like to implement this service as a way to get involved in the BitShares platform.

I just need to know how we could get started with this?

that sounds great but a little overkill for what bytemaster is asking. Basically the market can be bootstrapped if delegates inform the market as to what a "fair" price is. One could go to different exchanges and type the command in themselves based on what they saw on the website, or someone can use a python script to scrape the web (like you're doing) and then the script can submit the following commands to the bitshares client:

wallet_publish_price_feed ${DELEGATE} ${PRICE} USD
wallet_publish_price_feed ${DELEGATE} ${PRICE} GLD
wallet_publish_price_feed ${DELEGATE} ${PRICE} BTC

It's pretty simple, just will take some time to get it working right. You can then set up a cron job to keep it up to date.

so, he's looking for a simple python script:
1) scrape websites/grab json feeds/do whatever you need to do to get an accurate price quote at this moment (no history required)
2) send an RPC command with that information to a running bitshares client

To make things clear, I never said that I would be doing any kind of web scraping for the data. That could possibly be used to circumvent the ad revenue that a data provider is rightfully due, depending on how that data is used. I would be using a data provider to get the higher resoluton data. That would come at a cost, that is why I was talking about using a service type model for what I described.

I could possibly provide an implementation for the request that has been described, if I could ascertain that I would be compensated and how much.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
update:
btsx_feed.py need confirm
btsx_feed_auto.py don't need confirm, check ever 1 minute, only publish when price change more than 5%

solution from BitSuperLab
https://github.com/Bitsuperlab/operation_tools/tree/master/btsxfeed

fetch btc/cny price from btc38 and bter,  fetch rate from yahoo finance.
for now, you must confirm before update the feed.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
solution from BitSuperLab
https://github.com/Bitsuperlab/operation_tools/tree/master/btsxfeed

fetch btc/cny price from btc38 and bter,  fetch rate from yahoo finance.
for now, you must confirm before update the feed.

Offline fuzzy

Have you decided on what the reward for this bounty is?

I'll judge based upon the robustness of the solution as well as the variety of assets supported.   Any delegates want to pledge any support for this?    I would suggest the bounty on this should be 25% of the delegate pay earned by DACSunLimited while they use your solution.

If we get delegates wanting to help pay the bounty requirements, would you be opposed to giving them time after your Dev Hangout to introduce themselves to the community and let investors know how to vote for them?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bytemaster

I think having multiple independent solutions would strengthen the network.

Right...

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I think having multiple independent solutions would strengthen the network.

Offline bytemaster

Have you decided on what the reward for this bounty is?

I'll judge based upon the robustness of the solution as well as the variety of assets supported.   Any delegates want to pledge any support for this?    I would suggest the bounty on this should be 25% of the delegate pay earned by DACSunLimited while they use your solution.