Author Topic: wallet transaction errors  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Myshadow

• View Profile
Interestingly, the pending transactions that i thought weren't confirmed by the blockchain and I deleted using the following in Bitshares X 0.2.1:

Code: [Select]
wallet_clear_pending_transactions
(which is depreciated in version 0.2.3 btw) Showed up after reimporting the private key to a new wallet, and the recipient shows as UNKNOWN. i guess this happens because I don't have private keys for those accounts and have only reimported the one i have registered, so are unrecoverable.

So beware, hang on to all the private key's you've created because those "pending" transactions from version 0.2.1 ARE included in the blockchain.

Offline jamesc

Good idea.  I have been holding out for a fix.  I'm told there is a fix in the rename account where it will rename a local account first (instead of a registered account).  They said it was not released yet so this could very well do the trick.  In other words, my hypothesis is that I will just rename my account to account.local then the registered account will be revealed (maybe after a rescan).

Also, this issue showed up that I believe describes what happened:

https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/issues/10

Not sure if they saw this.  This should probably be moved to https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit.  Regardless, the fix should be on its way.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 03:26:44 pm by jcalfee1 »

Offline Myshadow

• View Profile
Hi jcalfee1,

Just ran into this same issue myself. the Wiki was invaluable! https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki
My fix was as follows.

wallet_dump_private_key <address_or_public_key>
used public key for <address_or_public_key>(account name didn't work)copied private key and account name to a secure place.

Quit out of Bitshares X

Deleted entire default directory out of appdata\roaming\Bitshares X\wallets\ (BACKUP DEFAULT DIRECTORY JUST IN CASE!!!!!!)

loaded up bitshares X > accepted EULA > Inputted Secure Password to create new wallet > cancelled account creation and went to console.

wallet_import_private_key <wif_key> [account_name] true true
Where <wif_key> is the copied private key and [account_name] is the account name you copied previously. This got me a clean account back but i don't know whether it actually was rescanning the blockchain or not... coz no funds showed up. i also ran the following just to make sure(probably unneeded)

wallet_rescan_blockchain 1 90000   
Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:28:45 am by Myshadow »

Offline jamesc

I'm having a problem with transaction errors.  I restored my wallet json backup into a new 0.2.4 blockchain.  Several errors showed up in wallet_get_pending_transaction_errors.  I deleted each transaction in error and did a re-scan.  The error queue was empty.  Just so you know, my wallet backup was made with an earlier release 0.2.2.

Now, I can't transfer between my own accounts in that wallet anymore.  My last attempt left the transaction stuck in the web_wallet in "Pending" state.  The wallet_get_pending_transaction_errors shows the transaction is considered a duplicate_transaction ...

So, my question is, what is the easiest way to fix this?  Can I delete the wallet and json transactions from the wallet backup then import again?  Could I just import a key or keys from the backup?

thank you...