Author Topic: delegate.liondani... Updated publish delegate data !  (Read 67953 times)

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
I see multiple delegates still running:

liondani
delegate.liondani
liondani-linux
liondan-delegate-1
liondani-delegate-2
liondani-delegate-3
liondani-delegate-4
liondani-delegate-5
[...]

Two of these are top delegates. Did you change your mind about running only 1?
If he's only advertising one, people should stop voting for the others so he doesn't have to hurt the network by shutting them down to get them voted out.

What's the point of having a large number of delegates on standby? Each person should invest their resources in maintaining a single strong delegate. If that delegate goes down for an extended period it will be voted out. It should be a rare event, and does NOT require 10+ other delegates on "standby". The whole "standby" delegate thing is no different than having multiple top delegates per person - it is promotes centralization.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

liondani
delegate.liondani
liondani-linux
liondan-delegate-1
liondani-delegate-2
liondani-delegate-3
liondani-delegate-4
liondani-delegate-5
[...]

If he's only advertising one, people should stop voting for the others so he doesn't have to hurt the network by shutting them down to get them voted out.

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile

liondani
delegate.liondani
liondani-linux
liondan-delegate-1
liondani-delegate-2
liondani-delegate-3
liondani-delegate-4
liondani-delegate-5
[...]

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I totally agree that is why I opted for only one delegate that combines everything. What do you think about 10% of revenue, will that cover expenses? You were running at 5% before and mentioned that nearly covered the expenses.

As bytemaster mentioned right now (some days earlier) the delegates on average with about 85% payrate earn about $125/month
I will make calculations for my delegate and I will edit this post to make things clearer so you can make estimates  ;)
(My gui windows client is still syncing)

edit:
My delegate liondani
has produced:  3064 blocks
pay rate:  5%
total pay balance: 209.08469 BTSX

in one month (30days) with 100% reliability a delegate produce about 2566 blocks  [(30x24x60x60)/10sec /101 delegates = 2566]
that means my delegate with 5% pay rate  has earned 175 BTSX in one month.
With current BTSX prices it's 175x 0.04 USD= $7 !!!
If I had 100% payrate I would own $140/month and with the average 85% payrate that delegates have right now I would get $119 (about the price bytemaster allready mentioned)

A vps costs from $30-$100 per month.
A server here in Greece cost's only on electricity $100-$150 (estimated, I will confirm in a month our so)

Of course we must see the bigger picture  8)
What will we earn in future ?
Or what have we allready earned due our investment on BTSX early...(?)

I hope the numbers helped someone  ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:12:21 pm by liondani »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
PS I will give as a charrity 10% to my Church "Saint Nektarios" in Greece. (Koinotita Agiou Konstantinou, Lavrio Kamarizas, ATHENS)

Don't give anything to a church...They already have more than enough. I would prefer if you donate to "smile for children" and help the orphans. They definitely need these money more than any religious people. If you donate to any orphans and I am present I can verify this to the rest of the community (if my word has any meaning as a confirmation-reassurance to the rest that you did actually donate to a worthwhile charity)

I know many have bad experience or have no trust, but I have personal experience how the priest there help realy kids and familys they have a real problem in the best way. In other case I wouldn't do that.Please don't be negative for all Churches...
But I can for sure consider to expand the percentage of 10% to give to "smile for children" also. (I trust this organization also,thanks for suggesting it http://www.hamogelo.gr/1.2/home )

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
PS I will give as a charrity 10% to my Church "Saint Nektarios" in Greece. (Koinotita Agiou Konstantinou, Lavrio Kamarizas, ATHENS)

Don't give anything to a church...They already have more than enough. I would prefer if you donate to "smile for children" and help the orphans. They definitely need these money more than any religious people. If you donate to any orphans and I am present I can verify this to the rest of the community (if my word has any meaning as a confirmation-reassurance to the rest that you did actually donate to a worthwhile charity)

Offline betax

• View Profile
I totally agree that is why I opted for only one delegate that combines everything. What do you think about 10% of revenue, will that cover expenses? You were running at 5% before and mentioned that nearly covered the expenses.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
I will try to maintain only 1 delegate:

delegate.liondani (payrate 77%)

please:
wallet_approve_delegate delegate.liondani

I have concluded that the best delegate behavior is to have only one delegate with a "fair" payrate % for a number of reasons:

1.It is more secure for the network to have 101 different individuals as delegates.If for example everybody have 2 active delegates, then the individuals are 50 and the network more centralized
    and less secure.
2.It is very difficult to promote optimal more than 1 delegate...
3.We don't need more delegates than 1 for charity or other reasons, but only a fair payrate percentage that allows as to give a portion of the remaining stake for any cause we need.
4.The competition will see the multiple delegates for single individuals as a negative (and they are right) and they will use it against us....
5.It is fair for the standby delegates.... (what about the conversation we had for paying them also before they get active?)

edit: 10% to http://www.hamogelo.gr/1.2/home
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:11:32 pm by liondani »

Offline Overthetop

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

merockstar

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nethyb
Try closing the BitSharesX client and trying again ... I also seen a blank page when the client had hung

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
How can I use on a thread a link to get voted?

I tried to use this:

xts: delegate.liondani/approve

but it links to a blank page  ???

PS of course my servers are updated to v 0.3.1

This great post from toast (that rhymes :) ) will tell you all you need to know to create approval links...
Topic: How to make "approve" buttons :  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6057.msg80952#msg80952

Here is the example of a link for your delegate ...

Code: [Select]
[url=http://daslab.io/scheme/btsx/delegate.liondani/approve]Approve delegate.liondani[/url]Approve delegate.liondani

+5% +5% +5%
thank you  ;)

PS  BUT when I click to the link you created for me it did not work  :(
      (blank page)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 02:53:25 pm by liondani »

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nethyb
How can I use on a thread a link to get voted?

I tried to use this:

xts: delegate.liondani/approve

but it links to a blank page  ???

PS of course my servers are updated to v 0.3.1

This great post from toast (that rhymes :) ) will tell you all you need to know to create approval links...
Topic: How to make "approve" buttons :  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6057.msg80952#msg80952

Here is the example of a link for your delegate ...

Code: [Select]
[url=http://daslab.io/scheme/btsx/delegate.liondani/approve]Approve delegate.liondani[/url]Approve delegate.liondani