Author Topic: _  (Read 5323 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Because it is just an article by a journalist there is nothing official from overstock. It is still great that overstock CEO gets it. But there is absolutely nothing official from them other than an article interpreting the ceo's opinion.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
For one counterparty actually has trading functionality even if it is miserable. I suspect once BTSX has all the pieces in one place it will also be considered in ventures like that.

Bitshare it is clearly considered !!! Why you assume it is not ? I don't see that anywhere ? 

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
For one counterparty actually has trading functionality even if it is miserable. I suspect once BTSX has all the pieces in one place it will also be considered in ventures like that.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
How does counterparty make contacts like this, while we are just left at standing at the train station?

Has anyone from i3 attempted to get some face/Skype, time with this guy?

bitbro

Dan and Patrick need to meet

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Patrick Byrne - avowed libertarian with a PhD in philosophy

“We want a money that some government mandarin can’t just whisk into existence with a pen stroke,”

..he advocated using the software that underpins bitcoin to rebuild the stock market as well.

Overstock has already held extensive discussions with a company called CounterParty, which offers software that could help drive such a cryptosecurity, and if he decides this kind of thing is possible,

..he intends to “open source” a blueprint of his plan, so that any other company can make use of it.

Byrne says that one of the things he’s trying to eliminate is high-speed trading that serves no real purpose—other than to generate profits for those doing the trading—and he’s sees current blockchain software as just one step towards remaking the stock market.

“I wish to provide the world a way to give Wall Street some payback,” he says, “in the form of a massive hot fudge high colonic that would be a cryptosecurity.”

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Yes, it is a wiki! Edit at will everyone, this seems to me quite important.

Delulo and me will be working on it at least. If you want to groupchat on skype about it, PM or just add Christian Lains on skype.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Looks like they could use some help fleshing out the Bitshares' section.

I think "they" is really a Bitshares shill. :) It's a Wiki article, you can register and edit it, right?

Also this thread is now duplicate: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6415

Offline Riverhead

Looks like they could use some help fleshing out the Bitshares' section.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Isn't that content user driven? I didn't get the feeling this was necessarily endorsed by Overstock. But it is still a prominent mention.

MinerVato

_
_
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 06:32:56 pm by Vato_ »