Author Topic: _  (Read 5372 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Bah, my account is locked? Smells icky as I have been very generous in dealing with critique. In any case, can someone deal with the following line inserted under BitShares?

"Having spiked upward in price so quickly, there is a strong possibility that BitShares is in a bubble, resulting in both higher price and volume as a result. I would wait a couple months to determine as much."

BTW: How are we doing with Overstock? Anyone know?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 08:05:56 am by CLains »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Someone reading that DPOS is not fully decentralized might worry that the 101 delegates have too much power and could compromise the network with malicious behavior.

It might be good to preempt this concern by stressing that there is a definite limit to what bad things a delegate can and cannot do.. I.e., a delegate can only do X, Y, Z before being outvoted.
should be the same as miners can. Only difference: delegates can be voted out.

Offline amatoB

• View Profile
Someone reading that DPOS is not fully decentralized might worry that the 101 delegates have too much power and could compromise the network with malicious behavior.

It might be good to preempt this concern by stressing that there is a definite limit to what bad things a delegate can and cannot do.. I.e., a delegate can only do X, Y, Z before being outvoted.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
https://o.info/index.php/How_to_issue_a_cryptosecurity#BitShares

did some edits, will prolly be ravaged when i awake yonder sunrise,
desirable for some hackings away at the square rubric called summary near the end of the article as well

Nice work really hope it will last !!!

Offline CLains

• View Profile
https://o.info/index.php/How_to_issue_a_cryptosecurity#BitShares

did some edits, will prolly be ravaged when i awake yonder sunrise,
desirable for some hackings away at the square rubric called summary near the end of the article as well

Offline bytemaster

We try not to make a big deal about things until a pr agreement is established.    It could upset partners   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Holy f, just woke up to see the wiki having turned into an actual war - I blame the Americans. :p
I've stayed away from it.  Not me this time.  Lol  probably NXTers imo.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
We have had two calls with overstock and have a visit to their hq in August.

This is great news can I ask when did this happen? Do you think maybe it might be big enough news that it would warrant a announcement?
This is a guy is is tech savy, has tons of money and has invested in crypto's  before. I am about half giddy just talking about it :D

Things like this I think would give I3 a nice public relations boast and bring more people to the site and for better or worse get more people talking about BTSX, DAC's,I3 and their whole family of products. Perhaps even a small thread on bitcoin talk just saying letting people know that there is a meeting in place and some of the topics that might be discussed.

Offline Riverhead

I'm not too worried about that wiki.  People will see it for what it is: A bunch of keyboard warriors having a flame war, and move on to more informative pages.
+5%

@Riverhead: your signature states "nntp service" .. should be "ntp service" ... nntp is the traditional newgroups network service .. just a FYI

Good catch.  I meant nptd but must not have had enough coffee.   :)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Holy f, just woke up to see the wiki having turned into an actual war - I blame the Americans. :p

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'm not too worried about that wiki.  People will see it for what it is: A bunch of keyboard warriors having a flame war, and move on to more informative pages.
+5%

@Riverhead: your signature states "nntp service" .. should be "ntp service" ... nntp is the traditional newgroups network service .. just a FYI

Offline Riverhead

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 11:04:17 am by Riverhead »

Offline Riverhead

+5%

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

That is way way better and more official than the article! :) thanks.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.