Author Topic: Overstock.com and Wired mention BitShares in "How to issue a cryptosecurity"  (Read 11047 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
The idea is to get us listed alongside NXT and Counterparty here,

http://blog.maxkordek.com/best-platform-to-issue-a-cryptosecurity/

Tracking stats like these are a very useful exercise to see where we fall short and where we have room to brag about our achievements.. Honesty in the face of facts constitute the best critique.

---------------- Copy and Edit at will everyone! --------------------

Forum: # Posts #Members # Topics
Reddit: 369
Twitter: 3872
BitcoinTalk Thread size: #Posts
Google “X and crypto”: 59 400
Number of Wallets:
Number of Wallets with more than $50:
Number of Transactions:
Weekly volume:
Asset Volume:
Market Capitalization: BitShares X 19 million, BitShares PTS 7.5 million

Blocktime

10 sec. Compare to NXT, Counterparty.

BlockChain

Compare to NXT and Counterparty.

Security

User Experience

Pros and Cons

(3-10 of each)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 08:07:11 pm by CLains »

Offline Berzerk

• View Profile
It's not NXT marketing. It's my own. Sorry, but I'm from Germany and I can't speak English that well. That doesn't hinder me from doing my best in helping Overstock to choose the best cryptocurrency.

I have a question to all: Is Bitshares-X decentralized or distributed?

I think you did a great job with that article!

In contrast to many of the other cryptos out there I think NXT and BitShares are the two projects that can afford to be completely honest and transparent about their strength and weaknesses. Daniel Larimer, core developer of BitShares, has several times noted that (aside from BitShares) NXT has the best designed 2.0 chain.

I'll list the topics here and fill in what I know (and send it to you..) and leave the rest blank for other people on this forum to help fill in over time. btw, does anyone know what "BTC compatible" means yet?

Thanks a lot! I try my best. :)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
It's not NXT marketing. It's my own. Sorry, but I'm from Germany and I can't speak English that well. That doesn't hinder me from doing my best in helping Overstock to choose the best cryptocurrency.

I think you did a great job with that article!

In contrast to many of the other cryptos out there I think NXT and BitShares are the two projects that can afford to be completely honest and transparent about their strength and weaknesses. Daniel Larimer, core developer of BitShares, has several times noted that (aside from BitShares) NXT has the best designed 2.0 chain.

I'll list the topics here and fill in what I know (and send it to you..) and leave the rest blank for other people on this forum to help fill in over time. btw, does anyone know what "BTC compatible" means yet?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
With DPOS, can anyone be a node (as opposed to being a block producing delegate)? Delegates are also nodes but are there nodes that are no delegates like there are full nodes in Bitcoins which are no miners...?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 09:58:45 am by delulo »

Offline Berzerk

• View Profile
decentralized or distributed
What would be your definition of those two?

Decentralized vs Distributed :)
Btw. Are you one of the amani kinderdorf supporters?
Based on what I see I would say NXT and Bitcoin are distributed. There is or was no consensus network that was decentralized in the sense of the "decentralized" animation.
Also you have to distinguish between the distribution of nodes on the one side and how the voting power (mining/forging) is distributed on the other side. The latter is the difficult and critical part. Both of the animations are supposed to show the first though because voting power is more centralized with a few powerful miners/forgers with Bitcoin and NXT.
It is not possible to answer your question easily. You may want to read https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/nxt-pos-vs-bitshares-dpos/ (I tried to come to a neutral assessment here without saying or even implying what the best system is - just listing ad/disadvantages) and draw your own conclusions. 

I just thought the amani project would be a nice way to make use of the tipping culture... :) No official link...

Okay thanks. So I guess this explains it very well. Thanks. Personally I'm not that interested in that kind of systems. If someone wants to make a write up about Bitshares, I can put it in my article. It should be the same way like NXT and XCP, with the numbers and so on. :) (Write it on the blog)

I like the amani kinderdorf project, they were the selectors of my last charity campaign at http://kordekgallery.com/, not much was donated, but still better than nothing! :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 10:36:16 am by Berzerk »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Based on what I see I would say NXT and Bitcoin are distributed. There is or was no consensus network that was decentralized in the sense of the "decentralized" animation.
Also you have to distinguish between the distribution of nodes on the one side and how the voting power (mining/forging) is distributed on the other side. The latter is the difficult and critical part. Both of the animations show the first though because voting power is more centralized with a few powerful miners/forgers with Bitcoin and NXT. 
It is not possible to answer your question easily. You may want to read https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/nxt-pos-vs-bitshares-dpos/ (I tried to come to a neutral assessment here without saying or even implying what the best system is - just listing ad/disadvantages) and draw your own
conclusions. 

I just thought the amani project would be a nice way to make use of the tipping culture... :) No official link...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 09:57:53 am by delulo »

Offline Berzerk

• View Profile

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 09:33:51 am by Berzerk »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline Berzerk

• View Profile

NXT released this article to power down Counterparty

So that's NXT's marketing? They get one whole paragraph from a guy who can't even do a spell and grammar check. Ha ha ha.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

NXT released this article to power down Counterparty

So that's NXT's marketing? They get one whole paragraph from a guy who can't even do a spell and grammar check. Ha ha ha.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
It sounds pretty far along with CP. But maybe they'll get the basic education out of the way and then Overstock will realize a better thing when our guys get there.

Offline fuzzy

It was a thought overstock would consider bitshares as an option through the CEOs words back in january. Now we have a market developing that could sustain ventures beyond our wildest imagination.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2115.0

yum...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
It was a thought overstock would consider bitshares as an option through the CEOs words back in january. Now we have a market developing that could sustain ventures beyond our wildest imagination.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2115.0