Author Topic: Bitcoin Magazine article  (Read 4093 times)

Offline Riverhead

The take away for me is that people are talking about Bitshares in the media.  Sure, this person got a lot of it wrong but it hopefully will start conversations and encourage people to look into what exactly Bitshares is; perhaps just to understand why this guy called it a bucketshop, and then realize he's way off.  This article hurts the writer and helps us.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Did you read the rest of it? It practically criminized Bitshares.
I would say not a very strong article as calling Bitshares a bucketshop is a cheapshot.

Definitely.  It isn't anywhere near technically accurate.  I had to refresh myself what exactly a "bucket shop" is on wikipedia and calling Bitshares X such is quite incorrect.  Bucket shops mean you bet against the house on derivatives, where the house can cover the bets made.  This has nothing to do with what Bitshares X is.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/15302/dac-sun-limited-launches-first-official-bitshares-x-chain-distributed-trading-commodities-stocks/

This makes Bitshares, arguably, the first functional iteration of what’s known as a Distributed Autonomous Corporation – essentially, a distributed, centreless system much like the Bitcoin network, but able to execute commands more complicated than ‘buy’ and ‘sell,’ and with a wider variety of resources. That could mean this counts as a victory for Bitshares over its main conceptual competitor, Ethereum, a DAC platform that is still in the proof of concept phase.   

Nice :)

Did you read the rest of it? It practically criminized Bitshares.
I would say not a very strong article as calling Bitshares a bucketshop is a cheapshot.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
+5%

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Riverhead

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/15302/dac-sun-limited-launches-first-official-bitshares-x-chain-distributed-trading-commodities-stocks/

This makes Bitshares, arguably, the first functional iteration of what’s known as a Distributed Autonomous Corporation – essentially, a distributed, centreless system much like the Bitcoin network, but able to execute commands more complicated than ‘buy’ and ‘sell,’ and with a wider variety of resources. That could mean this counts as a victory for Bitshares over its main conceptual competitor, Ethereum, a DAC platform that is still in the proof of concept phase.   

Nice :)

Edit: Since been pointed out the article is bad. If I'd read more than 1 paragraph.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:06:48 pm by Empirical1 »