Author Topic: A Case for Adam B Levine  (Read 4835 times)

merockstar

It doesn't bother me when somebody makes an undiplomatic post.

What bothers me is when the responses are undiplomatic.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
 +5% for Adams comments.

He could express himself a little more diplomatic sometimes though, not to be nice, but to make the discussion more constructive. Some people on the forum have adapted a critical attitude towards what he says, because a few month ago Adam was not very diplomatic at all and continuously brought up the same critique over and over again to a point where it was not constructive anymore (regarding AGS etc.).
Giving those critical forum members no reason to think he would just want to spread FUD would make the discussions a lot more constructive and less emotional.

Another reason to be overly nice and diplomatic in general is that on a forum you can't see the other one's face and cant guess the other one's intentions easily when he/she is saying something.

I think as soon as people see the constructive (~forward thinking/helping) character of Adams/someone's comments, the critique can be plentiful.

Criticizing is the best you can do to somebody if it is not implying the person or the work of a person is incompetent per se. Something like "I3's marketing is horrible" , "I3's corporate management strategy has been bad" or "Decision X in the past was bad". If this is all to the critique there is it is totally useless and just FUD. 

Offline Riverhead

One of the things that first attracted me to this project was how Dan responded with level headed reason to the multitude of flames, criticisms, and out right character attacks when first announcing PTS on the Bitcointalk forum.  How a community responds to its detractors speaks to the character and tenor of that community.  In my opinion, of course.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I think so too .. however he can and should choose his words a little more wisely in a sense to npt attack anyone personally or spread fud .. anyway i welcome constructive critiques and any feedback given

Offline Riverhead

I believe Adam is playing an important role.  While some may take offense to his style he is asking the questions and implying (intentionally or not) characteristics and intend that others who are new or skeptical to I3 and the Bitshares project may also have.  Rather than letting them fester he puts them out there for the community to address.

What Adam is thinking is very likely not unique but he puts it out there and gives the community a chance to respond in its own backyard. We can't say that for a lot of the detractors, skeptics, and opponents of Bitshares (not implying that Adam is one, but we all know they're out there).