Author Topic: [ SNAPSHOT: 8/21 ] VOTE  (Read 27077 times)

Offline boombastic

• View Profile
    • AngelShares Explorer
pts and ags-pts balance are merged.  So if your pts address had ags donated and still have balance at the snapshot day, the votes the address will get are summed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://bitshares.dacplay.org/r/boombastic
Support My Witness: mr.agsexplorer
BTC: 1Bb6V1UStz45QMAamjaX8rDjsnQnBpHvE8

Offline testz

Is there somewhere we can see the results of the snapshot and how many VOTES each wallet received? I assume they can't be claimed yet...

You can now lookup balance on agsexplorer.com.
And for PTS distribution?

Yes, for DNS distribution for PTS balances at snapshot.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
Is there somewhere we can see the results of the snapshot and how many VOTES each wallet received? I assume they can't be claimed yet...

And for PTS distribution?

Offline boombastic

• View Profile
    • AngelShares Explorer

http://bitshares.dacplay.org/r/boombastic
Support My Witness: mr.agsexplorer
BTC: 1Bb6V1UStz45QMAamjaX8rDjsnQnBpHvE8

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
no page for the balances :( .. no release of the wallet .. BUT, an upcoming announcment in the next newsletter AFAIK

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit

Offline dankeykang

• View Profile
    • Marie's Meows
I'm sorry, let me clarify my question. I do not want to ask how much I should own. I want to know if I owned some PTS or BTSX, how much of either would you consider a small , medium, or large investment?

I'm very new to this, so I don't know much. But I am reading and learning and asking questions. Thank you for your patience and help.

Think of this as your highest risk investment in your portfolio. Blue chip stocks are safe-ish, small cap equities are a bit more risky, Bitcoin is very risk. This is more risky than all of that by far.

So as far as how much is a lot or a little: You should be able to lose every penny you put into this and still pay the rent/mortgage, put food on the table, etc. Based on how much that question stresses you out if you lost everything answers your little/medium/a lot question. As is often said this is a grand experiment. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't :) .
I just want to know if 100 PTS is considered a large or small investment, and 100,000 BTSX if it's small or large?

I would say they are small investments. We have people here buying $50k+ in PTS/BTSX. Think about what you'd need to retire. How many times does BTSX have to double from the $0.01 it is now for you to retire or make what you're hoping to on 100k BTSX? If you're a baller probably a lot.  If you're a minimum wager maybe not that much. It's all relative.
Ok wow 50k is a lot to be investing! I guess it's not a lot for everyone, but your answer helped put BTS into a better perspective for me.

Bitshares X account:  mwpeace

Please checkout my cat shelter, http://mariesmeows.wix.com/alliancerescues

Offline Riverhead

I'm sorry, let me clarify my question. I do not want to ask how much I should own. I want to know if I owned some PTS or BTSX, how much of either would you consider a small , medium, or large investment?

I'm very new to this, so I don't know much. But I am reading and learning and asking questions. Thank you for your patience and help.

Think of this as your highest risk investment in your portfolio. Blue chip stocks are safe-ish, small cap equities are a bit more risky, Bitcoin is very risk. This is more risky than all of that by far.

So as far as how much is a lot or a little: You should be able to lose every penny you put into this and still pay the rent/mortgage, put food on the table, etc. Based on how much that question stresses you out if you lost everything answers your little/medium/a lot question. As is often said this is a grand experiment. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't :) .
I just want to know if 100 PTS is considered a large or small investment, and 100,000 BTSX if it's small or large?

I would say they are small investments. We have people here buying $50k+ in PTS/BTSX. Think about what you'd need to retire. How many times does BTSX have to double from the $0.01 it is now for you to retire or make what you're hoping to on 100k BTSX? If you're a baller probably a lot.  If you're a minimum wager maybe not that much. It's all relative.

Offline dankeykang

• View Profile
    • Marie's Meows

So as far as how much is a lot or a little: You should be able to lose every penny you put into this and still pay the rent/mortgage, put food on the table, etc. Based on how much that question stresses you out if you lost everything answers your little/medium/a lot question. As is often said this is a grand experiment. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't :).

Offline Riverhead

So as far as how much is a lot or a little: You should be able to lose every penny you put into this and still pay the rent/mortgage, put food on the table, etc. Based on how much that question stresses you out if you lost everything answers your little/medium/a lot question. As is often said this is a grand experiment. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't :).

Offline dankeykang

• View Profile
    • Marie's Meows
Thanks onceuponatime, I've been looking for an explanation all day! That helps a lot. Can I ask you what do you think is a small, medium, ands large amount of PTS for holding?

Like the total amount I should own?

That is an impossible question for me to answer since I know nothing about your financial situation or your investment objectives.

Almost everyone on this forum is a big booster and believes in the huge potential of the bitshares paradigm. So you may not get an objective opinion here. For instance, I myself am heavily invested in these projects and would tend to tell you to buy all you can because the more people who do so, the more my investment is worth.

So please do your own research and make up your own mind. No one on this forum is an investment advisor.

Offline onceuponatime

Thanks onceuponatime, I've been looking for an explanation all day! That helps a lot. Can I ask you what do you think is a small, medium, ands large amount of PTS for holding?

That is an impossible question for me to answer since I know nothing about your financial situation or your investment objectives.

Almost everyone on this forum is a big booster and believes in the huge potential of the bitshares paradigm. So you may not get an objective opinion here. For instance, I myself am heavily invested in these projects and would tend to tell you to buy all you can because the more people who do so, the more my investment is worth.

So please do your own research and make up your own mind. No one on this forum is an investment advisor.

Offline dankeykang

• View Profile
    • Marie's Meows

Offline onceuponatime

Hi guys I have some Bitshares-PTS in a wallet, and I don't really understand what will happen on 8/21. What will this snapshot give me? How will I be able to show that I owned the PTS in that account, .... I'm just really confused, any help is greatly appreciated!

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7110.0