Author Topic: [ SNAPSHOT: 8/21 ] DNS  (Read 47410 times)

Offline yellowecho

Bye bye Namecoin!  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline cgafeng

BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline gyhy

• View Profile

Offline cdryan

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Offline ssjpts

• View Profile
    • 中国BTC
  • BitShares: coolman
good luck everyone
新浪微博:剑指未来BTS
BTC:1Bc7gRGotktBmnNFr3BUUM22HFXCCTyxor
BTSX ID:loves,集大众之爱,待到BTS 500刀,10%回退给捐赠者,10%用于运营,剩余80%用于爱心事业和BTS宣传推广。

Offline twitter

• View Profile
witness:

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline Riverhead

Sounds like a pay-to-play super secure web built on a blockchain?  Can you expand on this "Punish Auction" a bit?  That sort of came out of nowhere :) .  The KeyID burn sounds like you can pay to upgrade your own number...which sounds sort of like a rating but actually isn't since you can pay to adjust your number?  Can other people adjust yours for free?  This all sounds pretty cool and I understand this is an [ANN] thread...but is this documented in more depth somewhere else?

http://dotp2p.io/index.php

Looking forward to getting my .p2p domain  8) .
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:07:46 pm by Riverhead »

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline taoljj

• View Profile
BTS      Witness: delegate.taoljj

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Announcing the Decentralized Namespace Service - get your share by holding PTS before the end of August 21st

Featuring:

.p2p  - .bit killer and DNS cash cow
KeyID - replacing usernames everywhere

Enabling services like

Browsing .p2p websites - no spying, no seizures!
"SignIn with KeyID" - think google/facebook signin only MORE SECURE. OUTRAGEOUSLY SECURE if the website is a .p2p site.
"KeyMail"  -  more on this later... will be a critical piece of infrastructure for BTS ecosystem as a whole

Video (Draft): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeweF05tT50
Webpage: http://dotp2p.io/ (new webpage will be launched soon)

Features ready NOW (test net incoming):
* .p2p Punishing Throttled Auction (with hard-coded throttle) for initial distribution  -  more on this later
* .p2p Sell/Buy embedded market
* .p2p TITAN transfers
* KeyID "points" with upburn/downburn  - how much money will people spend adjusting a meaningless number associated with their account? Probably a bunch!
* Everything in the toolkit except Markets - *maybe* we will add BitUSD far in the future

Features ready at launch at end of august (hopefully, it's just a goal):
* Punishing auction throttle size set by delegates, with fallback to fixed rate
* .p2p "offers" - put up bids before a domain is for sale or before it even exists. Not everyone wants to risk the Punishing Auction.
* SignIn with KeyID  -  we can already do this with ID-to-ID but we want to be able to do ID-to-.p2p because then you can check the site you are logging in to is who you think it is

Features ready after launch:
* DNS servers / browser plugins / "invisible" clients  -  seamless browsing experience
* DNS delegates that act as smart oracles for other decentralized application platforms - ethereum, ripple, etc... KeyID usernames *all over crypto land*.

Allocation:

1bn to AGS
1bn to PTS
1bn MYSTERY sharedrops onto other crypto. Targets might include BTC, NMC, NXT, ETH (snapshot using presale), PPC. They will likely be scaled so that they all give the same price per DNS and all have the same price *disadvantage* compared to PTS - this is why I feel OK not disclosing the exact allocation yet.. UP TO 100m of the sharedrop *might* be reserved for backpay and bounties but I fear the consequences of perceived unfairness and so I'll probably try to avoid this.

7bn delegate subsidy, about 45% of the pool paid out per year. Remember, this is a theoretical maximum! Realistically you will not have 7bn new tokens printed for the delegates!

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6753.0

Delegate subsidy equation (assuming 10 second blocks):
     block_pay = delegate_subsidy_remaining / 5000000
So the *maximum* number of new tokens created after T years is given by:
     5000000000 - (5000000000 * (1 - 1/5000000)^((3153600)*T))
(there are 3153600 blocks per year)

Watch out for:
* PAID positions for content creation and development (web, core client, and DNS infrastructure)
* Instructions for migrating Keyhotee and BTSX names
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:42:38 pm by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.