Author Topic: Block Explorer and Delegates Listing  (Read 48073 times)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Svk, I see the share supply on bitsharesblocks.com is approximately 2.5 billion. Are you planning on adding the ability to measure how much non-vested BTS is currently available? Currently the functionality to withdraw isn't even in the client so the non-vested BTS is approximately 0.5 billion BTS less than the share supply reported by bitsharesblocks.com. But when the functionality to withdraw some amount of the vested stake is later added, the calculation will become more complicated. Are you planning on tracking the amount of vested stake that has been withdrawn and using that to calculate available supply? Actually it would probably be a more fair estimate of available supply to use a formula like ((max(1.0, (number of days since November 5, 2014)/730) * 0.5 billion BTS) + (stake in non-vested balances) - (accumulated stake moved out of vested balances)).

The reason I bring this up is because coinmarketcap seems to be using the 2.5 billion supply figure to calculate market cap now even though that is not the fair "available supply". We are essentially pulling a mini-Ripple at the moment. I think coinmarketcap uses data from bitsharesblocks.com, correct? I think it would be good if we have an appropriate available supply value on bitsharesblocks.com that they could use.

Offline svk

Yea I saw something like that once in Firefox too. I believe it's related to the .sort() javascript function doing something strange in Firefox, I'll have to look into it again to see if I can reproduce it.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

not sure what's wrong here.

- SuSE Linux
- Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0

Offline svk

You're not recognising the colour-coding of version for people who compiled themselves and published from CLI: (orange instead of green)

eg.
v0.4.24-5-g1854346
Yea i figured it was better that way because that means you're not using an official release, and might be including features that cause crashes.

We all compile it ourselves BTW, to get the official version you need to do "git checkout v0.4.24" after cloning.

Offline ozvic

• View Profile
  • BitShares: trev
You're not recognising the colour-coding of version for people who compiled themselves and published from CLI: (orange instead of green)

eg.
v0.4.24-5-g1854346

Offline svk

after much inactivity the homepage returns to DNS homepage!!!   (?)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Now that is weird!! :)

I think I've managed to fix it, I've changed the port for the api to a port supported by Cloudflare and which has a page rule associated to it. It works fine now from my work computer. If you're still having issues please do a refresh!

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
after much inactivity the homepage returns to DNS homepage!!!   (?)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I enabled Cloudflare protection for the site yesterday but I'm now seeing some issues with the api. It works fine on my home computer but at work and on my phone I'm not getting a response from the API. Anyone else having issues?

Anyone have experience using Cloudflare and hosting an api behind it? I added a page rule but it doesn't appear to be working. Gonna have to contact their support I think.

Yes. I have some issues. It is not opening always for me. It currently works though.

Offline svk

I enabled Cloudflare protection for the site yesterday but I'm now seeing some issues with the api. It works fine on my home computer but at work and on my phone I'm not getting a response from the API. Anyone else having issues?

Anyone have experience using Cloudflare and hosting an api behind it? I added a page rule but it doesn't appear to be working. Gonna have to contact their support I think.

Offline svk

ha .. interesting ..

working now .. there're still things to learn when it comes to angularJS :)

That's not angular I'm afraid, it's simply your browser caching all the files from the site for a given duration (24hrs in this case as indicated by my server), so that when you return to the site it uses this cached version to speed things up. Doing a refresh with F5 will force the browser to download the new files, which are then recached for 24 hrs.
Yeha .. but with node/angularJS you are capturing everything after the URL/ and route that through the app .. if the app is cache then it does not know about the "new" route .. that's just my view ..

Yes you're right, everything is in the app.js so if it's cached the new routes won't work, so it's partly an angular issue I guess ;)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
ha .. interesting ..

That's not angular I'm afraid, it's simply your browser caching all the files from the site for a given duration (24hrs in this case as indicated by my server), so that when you return to the site it uses this cached version to speed things up. Doing a refresh with F5 will force the browser to download the new files, which are then recached for 24 hrs.
Yeha .. but with node/angularJS you are capturing everything after the URL/ and route that through the app .. if the app is cache then it does not know about the "new" route .. that's just my view ..

Offline svk

ha .. interesting ..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
ha .. interesting ..

Offline svk

http://bitsharesblocks.com/supply
That link leads to /home for me

going through the menu works though

Probably because you had the old version cached, should work if you click it again now.