Author Topic: Block Explorer and Delegates Listing  (Read 48001 times)

Offline svk

OK reindexing is finally done! Everything looks to be back to normal for me, latencies are a bit high still but they should come down a bit over time as the blocks that were synced after being offline during the upgrade drop out of the last 200 blocks.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline svk

I've had a bit of inspiration and motivation this morning, so I've further improved the blocks overview page. I've enabled the history API for the different pages, and also fixed some bugs in the navigation. The great thing about this is you can now share a page with big or otherwise interesting transactions, like so:

http://bitsharesblocks.com/blocks?top=6019&trx=true

The re-indexing is almost done btw, so normal service should resume shortly.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
How are the feeds per day calculated?
I'm getting some erratic results.
my stats seem ok .. I force publish every 45 minutes which leads to 32 feeds per day
8 hours ago I had 15 feeds, now I have 4. I'm pretty sure I submitted at least 15 in the last 24 hours.

now it's ok
for some reason from one minute to another it jumped up (the same with my feed stats)

EDIT: the previous post explains everything  ;)

Offline svk

my stats seem ok .. I force publish every 45 minutes which leads to 32 feeds per day
8 hours ago I had 15 feeds, now I have 4. I'm pretty sure I submitted at least 15 in the last 24 hours.

Yea I broke the feeds collection when I reindexed the database, I made a slight change to a variable which of course had unintended consequences.. I've just reindexed the last two days so feeds should be correct now. Currently reindexing from block 50000 up to 595000 lol, will take a little while for everything to be correct.

I also broke the rank changes, they'll be correct once the reindexing finishes :(

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Suggestions:
Create another chart for each delegate's page where:
1. number of times a delegate is voted for and against (VOTES HISTORY (x VOTES)
2. Somehow I don't see negative votes shown anywhere. Vote tally goes up and down, but only up votes are visible in votes history box below.
3. Not only block number should be visible, but also date.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 12:53:45 am by bitcoinerS »
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
you are doing an awesome work svk. well done!

Offline svk

OK it is live! You can now browse trough the entire block history easily, filtering out empty transactions to show only the interesting blocks. To give a better overview I've reduced the number of blocks on the overview page to 20. Transaction values and fees in assets other than BTSX are now accounted for, there might be a block here and there that doesn't have correct fee info, I might reindex the whole thing sometime to get them all correct but there shouldn't be a lot of them so I'll leave it for now.

If you had the site open I might have broken your transaction info, do a refresh to get the latest version.

Offline testz

I did a major rewrite of block and transaction handling yesterday, both on the backend and the frontend. The backend part meant I had to rebuild the block and transaction database from block 1. I noticed this morning the latencies are really high, I'm guessing it's  due to the database rebuilding overloading the server, making the client fall out of sync a little. If the latencies don't fall during the day I'll look into it when I get home.

The rewrite was to handle transactions and fees in assets other than BTSX, as well as adding the possibility to browse through all the blocks in the overview page. I still have to check it some more for bugs, but should be available this evening or tomorrow.

Nice work!!! Thanks!  +5%

Offline svk

I did a major rewrite of block and transaction handling yesterday, both on the backend and the frontend. The backend part meant I had to rebuild the block and transaction database from block 1. I noticed this morning the latencies are really high, I'm guessing it's  due to the database rebuilding overloading the server, making the client fall out of sync a little. If the latencies don't fall during the day I'll look into it when I get home.

The rewrite was to handle transactions and fees in assets other than BTSX, as well as adding the possibility to browse through all the blocks in the overview page. I still have to check it some more for bugs, but should be available this evening or tomorrow.

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Nice additions svk, thanks.

Offline svk

I've added the frequency of feed updates to the delegates overview, and average latencies are back.

Yesterday I also added some fork info to the home page.