Author Topic: Block Explorer and Delegates Listing  (Read 47178 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Your site is very well done.  I ended up clicking around on it for some time.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline svk

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Yesterday I added sorting to a few of the columns in the delegates table as well as the asset tables. This means you can now sort for the most reliable delegates, or the ones who climbed the most over the last week or day for example. In assets you can sort by bid depth, ask depth and more.

If anyone had issues connecting over the last hours, it's because I updated the site to HTML5 pushstate, and it caused some issues with the server. It's all fixed now though, but what this means is that all the old links to a given block for example won't work because I've removed the ugly /#/. I also changed the asset links from using the id to using the symbol, so it's now "id=USD" instead of "id=22":

http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=USD

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline svk

Another update, I've added some interesting things today and yesterday:
  • Asset overview: number of feeds, feed price averages, current supply ++
  • Network health overview
  • New home page!
  • Home page has various stats:
    • Number of accounts, number of new accounts last day and week
    • Number of delegates, number of new delegates last day and week
    • Number of blocks, number of blocks with transactions and empty blocks
    • Recent missed blocks with delegate names
    • Recent registered account names
    • and more..
If you're interested in any stat in particular give me a shout!

Offline svk

I've added some more improvements today:
  • Backend optimisation of api calls
  • Account names and addresses shown registration transactions
  • Shorts added to block info
  • Vote counts added
  • Various front-end bug fixes
I passed 100 visitors for the first time yesterday, thanks for using my site :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
the change is a very useful feature .. thanks

Offline svk

Among various other optimizations, I've got rank changes added today! I calculate the changes for the last 24 hours as well as the last week, they're floating windows updated every 2 minutes, based on the number of votes each delegate had at that point in time. Any delegate saying "n/a" was not yet created at the time, they'll get numbers once they age a bit more :)

Oh and last night I added a simple Asset Trade overview in the single block view, if there are USD transactions or any other asset transactions included in the block, you'll see them there.

Now I think I need to get back to my dayjob for a bit, lol.

Offline svk

I'm back from vacation and getting some more work in on the site. I did an overhaul of the block and delegate view, and added back and forward buttons to the delegate view so you can browse through the ranks.

Will most likely work on rank histories next, although the whole bitUSD and asset frenzy might steal some of my time.

Feel free to ask for stuff that you feel is missing, and let me know if there are any other issues bothering you, like performance for example.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
the issue is: i don't allways have my wallet around :) but with a dedicated service i can still check .. i.e. if there are lots of high-value transactions .. or if my delegates is still up&running

also outsiders can get in touch with the blockchain without installing a wallet .. just for learning about it

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
+5%
are you going to publish the source code?

This should be built into the Bitshares wallet.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline svk

The site can be found here: http://www.bitsharesblocks.com

Nice, but how about adding the feature to show the balance for a particular address? That's what people most commonly do with blockchain.info

Thats not really possible with titan, since it creates a new stealth address for every transaction.

Im not fully up to speed on Titan yet, but you can still list all the addresses that you created yourself correct? So what's the issue with listing the balances with each address?

The reason I ask for this feature is that I still havent moved my stake into a new address, because the gui wont tell me which address has the stake in it. I imported one of my AGS addresses and moved 1 XTS as a test, which worked but now after importing my other AGS addresses the gui wont tell which funds are where.

I feel like the gui is trying to hide details from me, which is annoying.

Try wallet_account_balance in the console

If that shows the same issues then try wallet_rescan_blockchain.

Do you have a delegate in your wallet?

Thanks I will try that soon.

I havent registered a username if that's what you mean. Im happy just using addresses for now.
Like puppies said I don't think it's possible to determine the balance of a given address. I think you can see who sent a transaction and I'll get that added to my info, but that's all I think.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Nice, but how about adding the feature to show the balance for a particular address? That's what people most commonly do with blockchain.info

Thats not really possible with titan, since it creates a new stealth address for every transaction.

Im not fully up to speed on Titan yet, but you can still list all the addresses that you created yourself correct? So what's the issue with listing the balances with each address?

The reason I ask for this feature is that I still havent moved my stake into a new address, because the gui wont tell me which address has the stake in it. I imported one of my AGS addresses and moved 1 XTS as a test, which worked but now after importing my other AGS addresses the gui wont tell which funds are where.

Thanks I will try that soon.

I havent registered a username if that's what you mean. Im happy just using addresses for now.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:51:42 pm by puppies »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:44:16 pm by trader »