Author Topic: [Pre-ANN]Beyond Bitcoin Delegate Conference  (Read 2673 times)

Offline fuzzy

its a nice idea .. i like it .. however i wqnt to first finish the webpage and do some donations and some more thinking before i can go viral .. further i dont have a team yet nor do i have fancy emblem :)

First off xeroc, your page is sweet and sexy--too humble.  Secondly, your donations are a great idea.  You should chat at the conference and invite some friends to sit in for the questions and answers portion.  3rd--and arguably most important--you have a wonderful emblem already.  That robot is where it is at...is it meant to resemble you?  :D

+5% Delegates get out there and start selling yourselves.

I am seriously considering other ways than charging to bring in funds/secure against potential account spamming. Anyone interested in giving your opinion on possible better options?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 04:27:50 am by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile
+5% Delegates get out there and start selling yourselves.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
its a nice idea .. i like it .. however i wqnt to first finish the webpage and do some donations and some more thinking before i can go viral .. further i dont have a team yet nor do i have fancy emblem :)

Offline fuzzy

A Call to Action

The 1st 5 Delegates to send an email will have their service offered free on the website and will be given a backstage pass to work with us on streamlining the functionality of the site for your tastes.

Why is that? Why the first ?
If I mail you something with just a few words and a banner crated on mspaint within 10 secs will I be first? Will it be useful?

No, it is simply to give an incentive to get the ball rolling.  :)

I am not a gatekeeper, only the person who is trying to bootstrap this from the beginning.  I am interested in alternative viewpoints though, so please feel free to give it!

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
A Call to Action

The 1st 5 Delegates to send an email will have their service offered free on the website and will be given a backstage pass to work with us on streamlining the functionality of the site for your tastes.

Why is that? Why the first ?
If I mail you something with just a few words and a banner crated on mspaint within 10 secs will I be first? Will it be useful?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:42:04 am by emski »

Offline fuzzy

A Call to Action

This is a pre-announcement to bring awareness to general community of bitshares holders that we are in the middle of planning a bitshares Delegate Conference, where anyone will be able to listen to delegates give a 5-10 minute speech about why they believe they should be voted into power.  They will also answer questions from voters for 5-10 minutes.  Each Delegate will receive 15 minutes total.  How they split up this time is up to them. 

It will be held and recorded in the free Beyond Bitcoinx Mumble Server and we invite anyone else interested in capturing and propagating the content themselves to do so in any way they see fit (everyone has record privileges in BBx Mumble).  As for myself, I will record and post it myself to the forums as a service to the entire community--free of charge.   

We want to encourage our competing delegates to create a banner/logo, team up with community members whose trust they have gained and reward them for editing, polishing and propagating their content.  We also encourage delegates to schedule and hold their own Delegate Hangouts in the Mumble Server free of charge.  We are even working on giving Delegate Teams the ability to create a delegate page on the BeyondBitcoinX.net Delegate Portal where you will be able to provide project updates and promotional content from any medium.  Creating a Delegate Page will require payment of a small, monthly fee to help protect against sock puppet delegates, and that payment will go to the upkeep and maintenance of the Mumble Server/Website.

Beyond Bitcoin wishes to enable a dynamic, competitive and low barrier to entry environment where delegates that build value into our ecosystem are rewarded by investors and passionate volunteers who see the value and vision they bring to our new 2.0 economy.  We also plan on designing a reward system for those investors and passionate volunteers who propagate content from the portal to social media platforms, thus promoting bitshares and their chosen delegates.  We will work to prevent Gatekeepers from creating barriers to entry as we believe healthy delegate competition is necessary to build real, long term, ethical value in the BitShares ecosystem. 

Thank you each for your time and if you have questions or wish to play a role in any way, please feel free to send an email to BeyondBitcoin@gmail.com with the subject:  Delegate Conference Speaker Inquiry
In the Body of the email, we would like you to provide the following:
1)  Your Forum Name and the names of team members
2)  The Name of your Delegate Team
3)  A Banner or Emblem for your Delegate Team
4)  Your vision for the BitShares Ecosystem
5)  What you believe a fair monthly delegate % would be for our services (Honesty please do not hold back)

May the Best Delegates Win!

*Interested in the Mumble Server?  Check this link: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4150.0
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 04:21:55 am by fuznuts »