Author Topic: PTS Post Snapshot will likely fall again.  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Riverhead

Yeah I don't really expect much of a sell off since volume is already low... but if it does I'm definitely buying.

+5%  Most under appreciated coin ever IMHO.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Glad to see a healthy drop in PTS, means there was a lot of value in there for the snapshot, BitShares DNS in particular probably. Depending how feature rich the initial release is, it could have a $4 million+ opening CAP. That would put it top 15 out the gate.(Really looking forward to the auction feature, beside mitigating squatting, I think that's going to generate a lot of interest in the DAC.)
So top 10 easy, soon enough :) 

Offline yellowecho

With the PTS price so low are people still going to sell?  Buy depth is very lacking and any major sell offs would drop the price significantly.

Yeah I don't really expect much of a sell off since volume is already low... but if it does I'm definitely buying.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
With the PTS price so low are people still going to sell?  Buy depth is very lacking and any major sell offs would drop the price significantly.

Offline unsoindovo

• View Profile
I have been working with testz on both short-term and long-term solutions for this. When it is ready we will approach community with options: 1) difficulty patch to KGW, 2) difficulty patch and then migrate to new DPOS chain later, 3) stop-network patch and migrate to new DPOS chain sooner

i think the best solution it is on point 1)
difficulty patch to KGW or something else!!

Offline yellowecho

Then ,what is PTS's advantage anyway ?  The price fall is kinda like I buy the child-DAC with money indirectly.

Any buying child-DAC directly would risk less if a delay like 228 happen again.

PTS acts like a pre-sale for the child-DAC.  You could buy the child-DAC after its released but you also risk price volatility on launch.  PTS price drop occurs more now because there are less snapshots; however, I suspect it will stabilize as the Bitshares ecosystem grows and snapshots become a regular occurrence.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Riverhead

PTS' real value is that it gives you stake in ALL future DACs. The producers of the DACs can use these earlier releases to determine the PTS/DACShare ratio. It should self regulate.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
money  in PTS pools just like a small pond, water is very shallow, still let POW pumping money out,
die-hard fans  really going to die.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
I have been working with testz on both short-term and long-term solutions for this. When it is ready we will approach community with options: 1) difficulty patch to KGW, 2) difficulty patch and then migrate to new DPOS chain later, 3) stop-network patch and migrate to new DPOS chain sooner

pow just like a Blood drawing machine

It's a pitty BTS vote  can't be used right now for all PTS holder to choose the future.

why not do this :
1.snapshot aug21(use the same snapshot with DNS&vote)
2.embedded pts into bitshares x as a Bitasset(new bitshares client)
3.give back the rest pts(300K+) to the ags donater(use pts) & pts keepers(snapshot)  by the shares percent
4.let people get pts in bitshares x  through the private key(like get btsx)

then  we can trede  directly   pts-cny、pts-btsx     in  bitsharesx  instead of  btc38 or bter

PTS as a bitasset  in bitsharesx
we can trade pts-bts  pts-cny  in low fees   instead of  btc38  0.1%fee
direct  pts-bts   not  pts-cny  cny-bts  in btc38  with  fee 0.2%

pts  is just a liquid  stock rights ,why not  chang into a bitasset  in Bitsharesx market?

if PTS(dpos) a new client  there will be  101+ new  delegate   & payment  is a waste

pts  as a asset in bitshares X with 2m total num is equal to AGS
but if  pts is a single  dpos ,  when it burns after few years, maybe  pts1.5m, AGS sitll 2m, it's not fair, that's a Naked plunder to agser

clout

Why does pts need its own blockchain?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Posted by: bytemaster
« on: Today at 05:51:36 PM » Insert Quote
PTS will probably see another fall off in value after these snapshots.... this will impact mining.   We should plan ahead for this.

no suprise here.

@toast
do you have a timeline for all 3 options?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

PTS will probably see another fall off in value after these snapshots.... this will impact mining.   We should plan ahead for this.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.