Author Topic: [Pre-ANN]Beyond Bitcoin Delegate Conference  (Read 2392 times)

Offline fuzzy

Thanks for the bumps guys.  If you are a delegate or a user who wants to help us ascertain the best delegates for long-term sustainability of the ecosystem, please feel free to contact myself or JabbaJabba and let us know what you think. 

Or, you can post your thoughts here.  This is always and forever for the investors in bitshares (and possibly someday even more) and I hope to someday see it become its own ecosystem where anyone can come in and compete against even the big dogs who are established in the community (as long as they can get the community interested in their viewpoint(s)).

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I am pretty confident that delegates will establish cross-chain reputation and operations. The branches will be close to home for a long time still.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I'm missing my post in this thread?
I believe it was the first reply.
Any explanation of its disappearance ?

EDIT: Actually there are two identical threads - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6585.0 and this one. My post was in the other one.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 06:15:01 am by emski »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
The question I have about the voting DAC is whether it is intended to be a for-profit DAC.  This is a good question.

Think of it as owning the ’patent’ and software for something potentially very powerful.  If/when/ and how you will profit from it are questions that do not to be answered right away.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fuzzy

I thought the DNS and Vote DACs were a snap shot of BTSXT or PTS? Wouldn't each have their own delegates?

As I understand it, yes they should.  The question I have about the voting DAC is whether it is intended to be a for-profit DAC.  This is a good question. 

Offline fuzzy

+5% +5%

Can't wait to hear all the Delegates speak up for themselves. I'm very curious to hear what everyone has to say. The DNS and Voting DACs will pay a lot to the delegates, so now is your chance to market yourselves.

Remember that whatever reputations you guys develop, will likely transfer to all other chains!
+5%

Offline Riverhead

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
they have, but maybe you want to go for more delegates in the new chains, so it would be easier for well known people in the community to do it.

Offline Riverhead

I thought the DNS and Vote DACs were a snap shot of BTSXT or PTS? Wouldn't each have their own delegates?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
 +5% +5%

Can't wait to hear all the Delegates speak up for themselves. I'm very curious to hear what everyone has to say. The DNS and Voting DACs will pay a lot to the delegates, so now is your chance to market yourselves.

Remember that whatever reputations you guys develop, will likely transfer to all other chains!

Offline fuzzy

A Call to Action

This is a pre-announcement to bring awareness to general community of bitshares holders that we are in the middle of planning a bitshares Delegate Conference, where anyone will be able to listen to delegates give a 5-10 minute speech about why they believe they should be voted into power.  They will also answer questions from voters for 5-10 minutes.  Each Delegate will receive 15 minutes total.  How they split up this time is up to them. 

It will be held and recorded in the free Beyond Bitcoinx Mumble Server and we invite anyone else interested in capturing and propagating the content themselves to do so in any way they see fit (everyone has record privileges in BBx Mumble).  As for myself, I will record and post it myself to the forums as a service to the entire community--free of charge.   

We want to encourage our competing delegates to create a banner/logo, team up with community members whose trust they have gained and reward them for editing, polishing and propagating their content.  We also encourage delegates to schedule and hold their own Delegate Hangouts in the Mumble Server free of charge.  We are even working on giving Delegate Teams the ability to create a delegate page on the BeyondBitcoinX.net Delegate Portal where they will be able to provide project updates and promotional content from any medium.  Creating a Delegate Page will require payment of a small, monthly fee to help protect against sock puppet delegates, and that payment will go to the upkeep and maintenance of the Mumble Server/Website.

Beyond Bitcoin wishes to enable a dynamic, competitive and low barrier to entry environment where delegates that build value into our ecosystem are rewarded by investors and passionate volunteers who see the value and vision they bring to our new 2.0 economy.  We also plan on designing a reward system for those investors and passionate volunteers who propagate content from the portal to social media platforms, thus promoting bitshares and their chosen delegates.  We will work to prevent Gatekeepers from creating barriers to entry as we believe healthy delegate competition is necessary to build real, long term, ethical value in the BitShares ecosystem. 

Thank you each for your time and if you have questions or wish to play a role in any way, please feel free to send an email to BeyondBitcoin@gmail.com with the subject:  Delegate Conference Speaker Inquiry

In the Body of the email, we would like you to provide the following:
1)  Your Forum Name and the names of team members
2)  The Name of your Delegate Team
3)  A Banner or Emblem for your Delegate Team
4)  Your vision for the BitShares Ecosystem
5)  What you believe a fair monthly delegate % would be for our services (Honesty please do not hold back)

The 1st 5 Delegates to send an email will have their service offered free on the website and will be given a backstage pass to work with us on streamlining the functionality of the site for your tastes.

May the Best Delegates Win!

*Interested in the Mumble Server?  Check this link: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4150.0