Poll

Better or worse?

Better
69 (90.8%)
Worse
7 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Alternate Allocation Proposal  (Read 11955 times)

Offline freedom

• View Profile

Offline 天籁

• View Profile

Offline Snail

• View Profile
  • BitShares: snail

Offline bytemaster

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline gyhy

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
(about 22.5% in first year, or 45% of remaining pool each year)
are those two separate options? 25,5 % of the 50% or the 100%
or 45% of remaining pool each year
means?

45% of the pool each year, which is 2.25 bn in the first year if max theoretical is 10bn.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
(about 22.5% in first year, or 45% of remaining pool each year)
are those two separate options? 25,5 % of the 50% or the 100%
or 45% of remaining pool each year
means?

If we are comparing it to this...
1bn to AGS
1bn to PTS
1bn MYSTERY sharedrops onto other crypto. Targets might include BTC, NMC, NXT, ETH (snapshot using presale), PPC. They will likely be scaled so that they all give the same price per DNS and all have the same price *disadvantage* compared to PTS - this is why I feel OK not disclosing the exact allocation yet.. UP TO 100m of the sharedrop *might* be reserved for backpay and bounties but I fear the consequences of perceived unfairness and so I'll probably try to avoid this.

7bn delegate subsidy, about 45% of the pool paid out per year. Remember, this is a theoretical maximum! Realistically you will not have 7bn new tokens printed for the delegates!
...why should it be perceived less fair?
I think dev stake is totally justified. People might be confused though because it seems like there is dev stake twice in there, once as dev preallocation and once as delegates pay which will likely be the same parties as those from the dev preallocation. But in the end it isnt because the dev preallocation is there to pay for the work before release and the delegate share is to pay for work after the release.
Do I understand the dev preallocation right that it is supposed to honor those who contributed to Bitshares DNS the most? Did all those parties contribute? Just trying to understand the logic....
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:38:06 am by delulo »

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Biggest question: Will this be *perceived* as more or less FAIR?

Good question, personally I think it will be 'perceived' as more fair.

Other thoughts

- I think the main thing is people will be more comfortable with less equity release as it is a new concept.
- I would choose 5% Mystery Sharedrop, I think the market might choose slightly more?
- I don't think the market will have a problem with 5% dev preallocation, I certainly don't   
- I would choose even less via delegates for the first DAC 24/24/6/6 & 40.

+5% to this model though, I like it, I think the market would like it more & I would get behind it.

Will be very interested to hear what others think. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:23:29 am by Empirical1 »

Offline toast

• View Profile
where is toast in this picture?
One of the -' split among 4 or 5 trusted organizations '?

"das" is my one-man LLC
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline helloworld

• View Profile
better! +5%
I approve 22.5% in first year(50% delegates)
BTS:bts-hero

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
where is toast in this picture?
One of the -' split among 4 or 5 trusted organizations '?

Better, but I prefer:

15% AGS
15% PTS
15% MYSTERY sharedrop
35% dev preallocation  -  split among 4 or 5 trusted organizations (i3, das, dacsun, bitsuperlab, maybe more)
20% delegates  (about 22.5% in first year, or 45% of remaining pool each year)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:18:38 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline hero

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
To be clear:  The allocation will never change in a way that takes pre-committed equity away from anyone except delegates. So this is a "one-way" change. MYSTERY sharedrop was not defined so we can take theirs.

New proposal:

20% AGS
20% PTS
5% MYSTERY sharedrop
5% dev preallocation  -  split among 4 or 5 trusted organizations (i3, das, dacsun, bitsuperlab, maybe more)
50% delegates  (about 22.5% in first year, or 45% of remaining pool each year)

Biggest question: Will this be *perceived* as more or less FAIR?