Author Topic: [ANN] Keyhotee users and Delegate requests for KeyID.  (Read 27744 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I realize there are a lot of questions about Keyhotee.  I will try my best to get the current answers, but I am not involved with Keyhotee at all and apologize for my inability to answer such questions at this point.

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
hallo guys, how about those current using names inside of bitsharest? will you transfer them to Keyhotee? should we re-register them again?

Only delegate names will be transferred from BTSX chain.  Keyhotee id owners will be given precedence if there are collisions.  If you want your name on DNS chain then the solution is to register it as a delegate.  That way you'll control the private key etc and there should be no issues as it will be done automatically.

I know nothing about the plans for keyhotee and this thread isn't about Keyhotee directly.  This is to make sure Keyhotee id owners get what they desire in the new DNS chain.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Hi,

I am a bit confused...again...

My forum name "zeus" has been squatted in Bitshares X and I am not sure whether I want/can  use this name anymore as a key ID. Should I?

My kehotee founder ID "mf-tzo" has been partly abused "mf" and "tzo" in bitshares X.

Ideally I would like to choose as a Key ID my family name instead of my kehotee ID. Can I do this without everyone in here knows my family name?

Is Kehotee dead and will not be used anymore?

In very short what is the purpose of the Key ID? I have read but the information to handle just gets bigger and bigger... Will other people know my Key ID?

Thank you very much in advance!

I can't really make promises about privacy, but I can try.  It would mean I need to make a second list where one is kept private.  I had intended on keeping a running list in here that anyone could check for accuracy.  This would then be parsed into the genesis block.

If you have a keyhotee id and want zeus then request that and I see no reason it shouldn't be put in the Genesis block.  You won't have it on BTSX chain, but you will have it as your KeyID.  KeyID is meant to be a universal login/naming system.  Like DNS for websites, but this is for people.  The KeyID is like a username.  So when you will be authenticated as "zeus".  How the service uses that name is dependent on their implementation.

This thread isn't meant for general questions about KeyID/DNS/p2p DAC.  I would have moved your previous request to the list already I just haven't started migrating things from the other thread yet.  The idea is just to get the ball rolling.

No clue about Keyhotee etc, that is for a thread elsewhere.  This is meant for name requests and migrations.   We're trying to allow everyone who had their name squatted to have a chance at getting their preferred name in the new chain.  Toast started this process but is very busy with various things so he asked me to help so I am taking it over.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Hi,

I am a bit confused...again...

My forum name "zeus" has been squatted in Bitshares X and I am not sure whether I want/can  use this name anymore as a key ID. Should I?

My kehotee founder ID "mf-tzo" has been partly abused "mf" and "tzo" in bitshares X.

Ideally I would like to choose as a Key ID my family name instead of my kehotee ID. Can I do this without everyone in here knows my family name?

Is Kehotee dead and will not be used anymore?

In very short what is the purpose of the Key ID? I have read but the information to handle just gets bigger and bigger... Will other people know my Key ID?

Thank you very much in advance!

Offline willaim

• Never forget your dream!
    • View Profile
hallo guys, how about those current using names inside of bitsharest? will you transfer them to Keyhotee? should we re-register them again?
Please contribute PTS to this address if my info is useful for you: PjjYtWpwmwEMA1MK9mjpDpSYzkTMPgjm7X

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Current up to date list.  Please do not quote full list in posts.  Thank you !

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:57:58 am by gamey »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Hello Bitshares fans and users !  I have been asked to help Toast with the name migration to the new DNS DAC.  Since Toast and the devs are quite busy, I will be working to keep the name migration straight with a result that will make everyone happy.

Here are the basic rules.

All BTSX delegate names will be put inside the new DNS KeyID chain.
- Unless the owner wishes to substitute out a new name
- Unless this name is an existing Keyhotee name

All Keyhotee IDs will be put inside the new DNS KeyID chain by default if the name is legal. [1]
- Unless a substitution request is made.

[1] If the name can be made legal by changing all characters into lowercase this will happen in absence of a requested substitution.

A legal name is a name consisting of standard alpha-character without accents, or numbers, or dashes.  The name can not begin with a number.  The name can not begin or end in a dash.  The length is 1 to 63 letters inclusive.  (These are the same rules for traditional DNS system.)

Please post all substitution requests in this thread.  Also the above rules are not binding.  For instance, a Keyhotee substitution request that conflicts with a BTSX delegate may be decided on a case by case basis by Toast.  I personally do not see this as a likely problem, only possible.  Other behavior seen to be abusive or not in the spirit of this enterprise may not be honored.  This process is mainly meant for Keyhotee founders.

Toast edit: requests from this thread will be counted: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6170.0
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 06:33:46 pm by toast »