Author Topic: Demographics to approach for Bitshares X.  (Read 7693 times)

Offline valtr

• View Profile
Any business that can see how accepting bitUSD is beneficial (compared to both BTC and USD).

[edit] Overstock will be great leading the way.

So #4 )Businesses that will adopt bitUSD or BTSX as payment.  There is also the sub-demographic of people serving a consultant/integrator role.
That will be a hard sale without more widespread adoption, but at some point would be very key.  Someone running a crypto-market might see the usefulness of BTSX before others, much like what happened with BTC.  :o
That will depend on fees and exchange rate bitUSD/USD. If online shops will be able to quote prise in bitUSD/USD 1:1 profitably, that should be attractive for the business. 

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Do market research. Use surveys. The data will reveal whether or not a marketing campaign is effective. It shouldn't be left up to opinion.

We should be tracking Google search trends for Bitshares for starters.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
5) people/companies that want to manage their own stock/shares on a blockchain

6) all merchants that already accept FIAT and see the future in blockchain tech

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Any business that can see how accepting bitUSD is beneficial (compared to both BTC and USD).

So #4 )Businesses that will adopt bitUSD or BTSX as payment.  There is also the sub-demographic of people serving a consultant/integrator role.
That will be a hard sale without more widespread adoption, but at some point would be very key.  Someone running a crypto-market might see the usefulness of BTSX before others, much like what happened with BTC.  :o
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:25:02 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Ok so I was wondering about demographics that would be key to the success of Bitshares X.  I can think of 3 broad categories.  There will be some overlap between them, but these are my thoughts.

1) Day traders and traders in general.  These aren't guys that will sit on BTSX and wait for it to appreciate.  These are the people that are needed for this grand experiment work.  There has to be countless forums etc where active traders congregate.  From FOREX to traditional stock exchanges.  The idea would be to get a few people started with hopefully smaller amounts.  If they talk more about using it, then the more it will row.  These are not crypto people or those who have an strong distrust in USD.  These are guys already playing a similar game and we want to migrate them to Bitshares X.  It will take baby steps, but this is by far the most important demographic in my mind.

2) People who distrust USD and wish for a hedge.  The main problem I see is that these people also do not trust crypto.  They're also preparing for the end of the world type scenarios, so this makes the distrust even more strong as BTSX relies on a functional internet.  I do think there is some ground that could be had.  These people don't trust the US government so TITAN can be pushed as a feature.

3) Crypto people.  I think these are the people we'll get by default with the current marketing (at least what I am aware of).  It will be basically people we take from BTC or NXT, etc.

Any others ?

Also, this is a bit of a read but it is an interesting case with a lot to be learned.   http://www.nytimes.com/2001/02/25/magazine/jonathan-lebed-s-extracurricular-activities.html
I speak for myself and only myself.