Author Topic: Crazy Idea. Change 'BitShares-PTS' on Coinmarketcap when 'snapshot hot'?  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Overthetop

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Similar to the above, the idea of changing (even if we pay a fee) 'BitShares PTS' to something like,
'PTS - Music Snapshot 10th Oct' on CMC with a link could be quite useful if it was do-able.

(Advertising both BitShares Music and the purpose of BitShares PTS.)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Or ask Brent.Allsop to ask them. He says he has their ear.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Riverhead

We could sell it as another reason for people to check their site regularly.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Would they do that for us? I'm sure they've fielded some strange requests before. A bribe perhaps?

Offline bytemaster

Crazy idea - Change 'BitShares-PTS' on Coinmarkecap when it is 'snapshot hot'

From now unitl the BitToast snapshot date. What about changing 'BitShares-PTS' to 'PTS (BitToast 21/08)' on Coinmarketcap.com till the snapshot date. (or whatever DNS DAC will be called)

(Also change the link when on coinmarketcap.com so that when you click on PTS it takes you to the snapshot announcement during the period PTS is 'snapshot hot' 

My thinking - BitShares-PTS serves no other purpose than being a vessel for snapshots, so altering it  on coinmarketcap.com when it is 'snapshot hot' is brand positive imo & also helps people understand what BitShares-PTS does in general.

CoinMarketCap is ranked 3000th in the US (FAR FAR higher than any of BitShares related sites) This is the perfect place for a prime time billboard advertising a snapshot. (Even if we have to pay CMC for hassle of changing it.) 

Thoughts?

I like it... if we had a link to BitToast and a name
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Crazy idea - Change 'BitShares-PTS' on Coinmarkecap when it is 'snapshot hot'

From now unitl the BitToast snapshot date. What about changing 'BitShares-PTS' to 'PTS (BitToast 21/08)' on Coinmarketcap.com till the snapshot date. (or whatever DNS DAC will be called)

(Also change the link when on coinmarketcap.com so that when you click on PTS it takes you to the snapshot announcement during the period PTS is 'snapshot hot' 

My thinking - BitShares-PTS serves no other purpose than being a vessel for snapshots, so altering it  on coinmarketcap.com when it is 'snapshot hot' is brand positive imo & also helps people understand what BitShares-PTS does in general.

CoinMarketCap is ranked 3000th in the US (FAR FAR higher than any of BitShares related sites) This is the perfect place for a prime time billboard advertising a snapshot. (Even if we have to pay CMC for hassle of changing it.) 

Thoughts?

Edit: I've just referenced it as BitToast here but it will obv. be whatever name Toast actually decides.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:08:53 pm by Empirical1 »