Author Topic: Why don't create just an altcoin?  (Read 3539 times)

Offline Riverhead

What you say about the adoption and risks are true.  It's how people felt about Bitcoin at first and then all the other AltCoins out there (some justifiably). Not trying something bold and new for fear that people might be afraid of it isn't the way to move this industry forward IMHO.

sumantso

If/When PTS gets converted to a DPoS coin, this will be the one. I would've preferred a merged PTS/AGS coin, but Stan and co are strictly against making AGS liquid.

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
If one of Bitcoin weakness is scalability and if DPOS solves that issue, why don't release a DPOS coin that has the sole purpose to be a BTC competitor? That say, a coin which is useless besides that you can send and receive it.

I know you will tell me that it's logically better to add more features, but maybe less is more in this case. Maybe people will use DACs but not use them as money because they don't like the uncertainty linked to the viability of the business model of each DAC.

Or maybe people won't use DACs because of wathever flaw generated by the layer of complexity that DAC's additional features are bringing, but they would use a DPOS coin because it's scale better.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 06:18:43 pm by BldSwtTrs »