Author Topic: Advertise upcoming DACs directly through the Bitshares X client interface  (Read 6291 times)

Offline fuzzy

I am not a fan of troll boxes but I think if you are trying to market to "home" day traders, they love this kinda of crap.

With that being said if you are truly trying to make this a business platform their should be no troll box.

Without a troll box how do you compete with BTC-E? Why would people switch away from that onto Bitshares X?

It seems that the troll box has a positive impact on volume or at least there is a correlation. Our subjective feelings don't matter. If it could improve volume then we should do it.

trollbox has become a very central part of this thread.  Why not offer one but have it so a user has to take an extra step once logged in to open it? Wouldnt the best solution, after all, be to accomodate both types of traders?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I am not a fan of troll boxes but I think if you are trying to market to "home" day traders, they love this kinda of crap.

With that being said if you are truly trying to make this a business platform their should be no troll box.

Without a troll box how do you compete with BTC-E? Why would people switch away from that onto Bitshares X?

It seems that the troll box has a positive impact on volume or at least there is a correlation. Our subjective feelings don't matter. If it could improve volume then we should do it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

Offline JA

• View Profile
It is really funny you are talking about this.  We have been having a chat behind the scenes about using the client browser to enable someone to easily access the beyondbitcoinx site to post, consume and propagate content about those DACs and Delegates interested in serving them.  Seems like building these tools into the interface is starting to become apparent in its value as more people post about the possibilities of using the client inferface.

It might be a good idea to have a trollbox as well.

no troll box pls :)

Do a study and compare exchanges which have a trollbox to exchanges which do not have a trollbox. Which exchanges receive the most volume?

In my experience the most popular exchanges had a trollbox. BTC-E for example. But since I don't have the numbers is someone willing to collect them and then create a chart?

i don't must study them! It's a purley subjective feeling i told! I'm not a troll box fan. And if we wanna create a serious BitSharesX Trading ecosystem, IMO we should avoid a troll box - my 2 BTSX
i agree with cass
lets keep it classy  :D

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
It is really funny you are talking about this.  We have been having a chat behind the scenes about using the client browser to enable someone to easily access the beyondbitcoinx site to post, consume and propagate content about those DACs and Delegates interested in serving them.  Seems like building these tools into the interface is starting to become apparent in its value as more people post about the possibilities of using the client inferface.

Do a study and compare exchanges which have a trollbox to exchanges which do not have a trollbox. Which exchanges receive the most volume?

In my experience the most popular exchanges had a trollbox. BTC-E for example. But since I don't have the numbers is someone willing to collect them and then create a chart?

i don't must study them! It's a purley subjective feeling i told! I'm not a troll box fan. And if we wanna create a serious BitSharesX Trading ecosystem, IMO we should avoid a troll box - my 2 BTSX
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
something like a decentral app store withing the BTSX client ...  +5%

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
Can we go one step further and allow third-party apps on the wallet .. sure with restricted permissions .. just allow to print out a banner...
Wouldn't it be awesome to let devs build onto that
have you guys ever heard of the firefox greasemonkey?

Think of an addon that allows you to tweak any wepage (design and tech) as you like
Checkout userscripts.org and see how awesome some ideas are (sure security needs to be an issue here)

The idea is, to just have a link (javascript that contains a greasemonkey script for the wallet) so that an app is install directly ..
How nice would it be to haven an in-wallet app-store for user-costumized tradebots directly on the wallet ??! Or just have apps that nicely print out your transaction history and make some stats ... possibilities are endless ..

That would be even better but we have to consider development time. A banner with rss feed would take the least time away from more important work while providing the greatest utility.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Can we go one step further and allow third-party apps on the wallet .. sure with restricted permissions .. just allow to print out a banner...
Wouldn't it be awesome to let devs build onto that
have you guys ever heard of the firefox greasemonkey?

Think of an addon that allows you to tweak any wepage (design and tech) as you like
Checkout userscripts.org and see how awesome some ideas are (sure security needs to be an issue here)

The idea is, to just have a link (javascript that contains a greasemonkey script for the wallet) so that an app is install directly ..
How nice would it be to haven an in-wallet app-store for user-costumized tradebots directly on the wallet ??! Or just have apps that nicely print out your transaction history and make some stats ... possibilities are endless ..
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 04:06:36 pm by xeroc »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
maybe built in rss reader would be a solution

Yes RSS would work great but also we need banner space so that advertisements can reach investors. It should probably be a combination of things.

Offline JA

• View Profile

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
The addition of a banner or some form of direct advertising within the Bitshares client could be both effective and provide a useful information service to the user investor.

The user investor might want to see a visualization of future snapshots, receive information about future DACs, receive bulletin alerts and so on.

This would allow Toast and Hackfisher to advertise directly to Bitshares X users. It would also make sense if PTS had advertisements and similar information in it's client window as well.

In my opinion this move is similar to the move made by Microsoft to build Internet Explorer into Microsoft Windows.

The banner could go across the bottom window, be non-intrusive, and activated by default. The user could always de-activate it but we could encourage users to keep it activated by alerting the latest/newest information to this banner. The users who want to keep up to date with the latest snapshot information, latest development, latest press releases, newsletters, etc, would just leave the banner running.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:31:56 pm by luckybit »