Author Topic: Infomercial mogul Kevin Harrington gets behind Bitcoin  (Read 12261 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
It can provide more security than Bitcoin. Security issues with DPOS are at worst temporary where they can become permanent with Bitcoin.
(said "can" because DPOS/delegate election has to mature. I refer to: When someone has 51% of the Sha256 hasing power Bitcoin would have to switch to another security model which would take a longer while).

It is magnitudes more efficient than Bitcoin - DPOS provides more security per cost either users or coinholders have to pay.

It is backed by a company / corporate structure which has an incentive to grow the Bitshares ecosystem.  According to Mike Hearn (http://youtu.be/9jbMopz8Jtw?t=42m12s) only Gavin Andresen is making any valuable contributions. There is no effective incentive structure within the Bitcoin network to compete and innovate in the long run. Why does it not change? Because of the currency analogy which is a heavy competitive disadvantage.
(For any skilled investor this I think is the biggest argument. A good team, aligned interests and a good corporate structure will in the long run bring out all the competitive advantages listed above and more we can not think of yet. If the team is good and the incentives are right innovation elsewhere in the industry can be adopted and enhanced. Doesn't resonate well though with the average crypto anarchist).
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:49:06 pm by delulo »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Here are a few off-the-cuff "infomercial style" selling points for why someone might want to buy lots of BTSX.

What other selling points should we push and what other types of buyers should we target?

IF YOU ARE A SPECULATOR SEEKING RAPID APPRECIATION

1.  BTSX is a better choice than Bitcoin if you are interested in rapid appreciation - it has better technology and much more room to grow.

2.  BTSX is a better choice for the growth investor than any other crypto-asset for the following reasons:

It’s transactions are the fastest in the industry - exhilerating 10 second confirmations, not minutes or hours.
   It’s easier to use - named accounts not long crypto-keys.
   It’s transactions are completely private and untraceable.
   It spends its fees via elected delegates who compete to grow the industry rather than wasting them on environmentally unsound miners to burn precious energy resources.
   It gives some of its fees back to its holders by reducing the currency supply to increase their percentage share.
   It provides unique new services that will have very high demand - full-scale trading and low-volatility market pegged assets.
   It is part of the BitShares family of profitable unmanned companies - each reinforcing the brand recognition of all the others.  Own them all!
   It has this marketing campaign driving its growth.  No other coin does.  :)

All of these things make BTSX the best growth asset to own this fall.

IF YOU ARE A TRADER SEEKING NEW INVESTMENT FLEXIBILITY AND FREEDOM
   In a new domain where there is less experienced competition and no unfair high-frequency-trading.
   Where you can be a big fish in a new pond.
   Trade inside your "coin" without certain tax penalties associated with moving in and out of fiat until you are ready to "cash out".

IF YOU ARE A SAVER SEEKING A STABLE ALTERNATIVE TO BITCOIN VOLATILITY.
   Buy a digital asset that is market pegged to a more stable commodity or national currency.

IF YOU ARE A PREPPER LOOKING FOR A FLEXIBLE ALTERNATIVE TO OUT OF CONTROL FIAT PAPER.
   Keep your wealth outside the system but where you can easily access and use it without interference.

IF YOU ARE AN ENTREPRENEUR LOOKING TO RAISE FUNDS
   Issue your own assets and trade them against everything else.

USE BITCOIN FOR "CHECKING" AND BITSHARES FOR "SAVINGS"!
   Bitcoin has the most mature network of merchants and fiat on-ramps,
   BitShares lets you safely put to work what you don’t plan to spend right away where you control the mix of stability and leverage.
   Use the right tool for the right job.  They work together in powerful synergy.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 04:04:01 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
I want a Bitshares T-shirt too!  :)

Why aren't they selling merch? That is probably the easiest way to market the product. I want to buy a tshirt too.

Me three!

Me as well.  Would be nice to have a little store with shirts, coffee mugs etc....

Why does everybody wait until "they" do it? 
This is a decentralized industry with opportunities for everybody! 
Entrepreneurs of the world arise! 
A rising tide raises all boats!

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Why aren't they selling merch? That is probably the easiest way to market the product. I want to buy a tshirt too.

Me three!

Me as well.  Would be nice to have a little store with shirts, coffee mugs etc....

Wow, without reading this messages, 2 minutes later I proposed

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3454.msg90106#msg90106

Freaky how on top of things I am ?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline GaltReport

Me three!

Offline onceuponatime

Me three!

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Thx for the slides ... just FYI, in physics, a quantum leap is sth very very very small .. everyone is using that falsely

I was just being modest...   :)

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Man I miss that show.  Just brilliant.

Offline bytemaster

Thx for the slides ... just FYI, in physics, a quantum leap is sth very very very small .. everyone is using that falsely

Or it involves swapping your consciousness with another stranger within your own lifetime.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline zongguan

• View Profile
BTS : pk
Soundac witness : shanghai
www.soundac.io   www.peertracks.com

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
More than half of the content presented while Kevin was there was about the opportunities represented by this one chart.  The rest was about Bitcoin-specific issues only.

Can we get the rest of the slides too?

Believe it or not I talked for two hours with nothing but these six slides.  They don't tell you much without the words that go with them, but for the sake of full disclosure, here they are.

Bottom line:  BitShares is a quantum leap ahead in the industry arms race and there are many opportunities for those who are not taken by surprise.

bitbro

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads