Author Topic: Must call wallet_create_from_json every time I open BitSharesX  (Read 2067 times)

Offline widehazer

• View Profile
Thanks Riverhead,
That appears to have fixed my problems!

Thanks also to gamey: Your description regarding #1 would definitely explain why replacing the wallets folder fixed the problem.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
My first wallet was created on a mac.
I got my genesis BTSX by importing my PTS private key.
Then I exported my BitSharesX wallet to a json file.

Next, I went over to my Ubuntu 14.04 machine.
I successfully followed the instructions to build the BitSharesX client here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5951.0

Then I ran into a number of issues when importing my BitSharesX json wallet into my Ubuntu BitSharesX client by following these instructions:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares_X_Solutions#Importing_a_JSON_export_from_BitShares_X

1. The biggest problem I'm having is that I must re-execute the wallet_create_from_json command every time I exit and re-start BitShares X because all the imported json info disappears.
2. Another problem I saw was that when I tried to call wallet_create_from_json with a wallet name that is the same as a wallet name already within the client (that I'm importing into) it complained that the wallet name was invalid no matter what I entered.
3. Another problem I saw was that when I tried to call wallet_create_from_json with a wallet name that was different from the wallet name I used in the original (mac) client it complained that the wallet name was invalid no matter what I entered.

Problems 2 & 3 may or may not be separate issues because both were happening simultaneously and I don't have the energy to go back and figure it out.

1) I think the problem is likely the creation of the wallet ends up not being the default one.  There is likely a step missing in that write-up because I had similar problems after going through it.  I'll try to get it straightened out.  I did it, it worked, then later after quitting bitsharesx did I have the issue you are talking about.

2) I think I have seen #2 also which I suspect to be a bug.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Riverhead

Try this:

1) On your working wallet exit the client, zip up the ../wallets directory
2) Copy that .zip to your ubuntu box
3) Make sure the client is not running (check ps to make sure it's not in the background)
4) tar the wallets directory (~/Bitshares\ X/wallets) and replace it with the wallets directory in the zip file
5) start Bitshares\ X client

Make sure that the wallets directory went to the right place and not like ~/Bitshares\ X/wallets/wallets

Offline widehazer

• View Profile
My first wallet was created on a mac.
I got my genesis BTSX by importing my PTS private key.
Then I exported my BitSharesX wallet to a json file.

Next, I went over to my Ubuntu 14.04 machine.
I successfully followed the instructions to build the BitSharesX client here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5951.0

Then I ran into a number of issues when importing my BitSharesX json wallet into my Ubuntu BitSharesX client by following these instructions:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares_X_Solutions#Importing_a_JSON_export_from_BitShares_X

1. The biggest problem I'm having is that I must re-execute the wallet_create_from_json command every time I exit and re-start BitShares X because all the imported json info disappears.
2. Another problem I saw was that when I tried to call wallet_create_from_json with a wallet name that is the same as a wallet name already within the client (that I'm importing into) it complained that the wallet name was invalid no matter what I entered.
3. Another problem I saw was that when I tried to call wallet_create_from_json with a wallet name that was different from the wallet name I used in the original (mac) client it complained that the wallet name was invalid no matter what I entered.

Problems 2 & 3 may or may not be separate issues because both were happening simultaneously and I don't have the energy to go back and figure it out.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:52:10 am by widehazer »