Author Topic: Whats a Delegate? - BTSX Wallet  (Read 1781 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Actually .. in my understanding .. there are more then 101 delegates .. but only the top 101 are allowed to sign/produce blocks ..

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
When registering an account, I believe it asks if you want to be a delegate. You don't need to sign up as one now, even if you want to do it in the future. You can always "upgrade" an account to be a delegate later.

Delegates are to bitshares what miners are to bitcoin, except they use tremendously less electricity and are elected by the bitshares holders.

... and hopefully do much more useful work!   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
When registering an account, I believe it asks if you want to be a delegate. You don't need to sign up as one now, even if you want to do it in the future. You can always "upgrade" an account to be a delegate later.

Delegates are to bitshares what miners are to bitcoin, except the use tremendously less electricity and are elected by the bitshares holders.

EDIT: and delegates have economic responsibilities to the network and ecosystem beyond simply providing block verification. ;-) thanks stan
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:35:42 pm by maqifrnswa »
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
A delegate is one of the 101 people that are elected to validate and sign blocks, thereby making them irreversible on the blockchain.

You dont really need to understand about delegates to register an account.

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
Hi guys,

I'm about to register my account name in the wallet but I need to understand what a Delegate is.  Can someone be so king and advise.

Ta.
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk