Author Topic: wondering if toast has a go-live timeline for DNS?  (Read 3893 times)

Offline yidaidaxia

• View Profile
thanks Toast. I found all the doc below.

http://dotp2p.io

Keep in mind that is outdated, new site with updated docs is coming in 1 week or less.

Great!I am having below questions for DNS parameters and posted in another threat but have not got your response it. I think it will be covered in the docu. of the new site you metioned? Looking forward to all the details then.
 :D :D +5%

@toast, would you pls update/clarify what's Auction Specification you are going to implement when BTS DNS launch?

I actually translated the "DNS .p2p Auction Specification (https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/DNS-.p2p-Auction-Specification)" the day before yesterday then I found there is some errors in the content then I notice it's an early June article then I went through this thread just now and found what I just introduced to Chinese community is really totally out of date......

I know Agent86's proposal and I know it might use another DLS and get implemented when BitAssets available.

So you may help me on below quesions:

D will be 0 and no 1) The initial required bid is 0.
2) Your required_bid is equal to (previous_bid + (R*(previous_bid - previous_required_bid))
3) When you place a bid, (D*(your_bid - previous_bid)) goes to dividends and (previous+bid + (1 - D)*(your_bid - previous_bid)) goes to previous bidder.

The initial required_bid will not be 0 and will decided by Delegates? So it will vary by different Delegates and how?

Will R still be 1 or a bit lower than 1 or very small like 0.1 or 0.2?

D is likely to be 1 and you will not have kickbacks when you are outbid, correct? The original bid you put will be returned to you totally or just a fraction of it (like 90% )?

What's the condition for a auction to be end?  a specific time after it starts?(then how long?) A specific quantity of blocks produced after it starts(then how many?) or other condition set by Delegates or the sellor?

How renewal rate to be set?

And I think we will reserve top current famous domains for maximize system value by deliver/sell them to the related company in future, so what's the detailed plan? top 100? 1,000? 10,000?

Thanks.
PTS: PmUT7H6e7Hvp9WtKtxphK8AMeRndnow2S8   /   BTC: 1KsJzs8zYppVHBp7CbyvQAYrEAWXEcNvmp   /   BTSX: yidaidaxia (暂用)
新浪微博: yidaidaxia_郝晓曦 QQ:36191175试手补天

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
thanks Toast. I found all the doc below.

http://dotp2p.io

Keep in mind that is outdated, new site with updated docs is coming in 1 week or less.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline sfinder

• View Profile
Toast,where can I find the detail introduction document ? as I found out you can do .com as well if you want to . You are shaking ICANN building now.... LOL +5% +5% +5%

quote author=toast link=topic=6794.msg90091#msg90091 date=1407535384]
can  I register domain when you launch it by the end of Aug.  or have to wait till end of sept. ?

My question is when I can register p2p domain ?

If all goes well then launch at end of August with full KeyID SignIn and DNS resolvers set by client by end of September

You can bid on domains when it launches but the rate that domains are sold are throttled by delegates so in theory they could choose to allow 0 domain sales for as long as they want.
[/quote]
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline toast

• View Profile
can  I register domain when you launch it by the end of Aug.  or have to wait till end of sept. ?

If all goes well then launch at end of August with full KeyID SignIn and DNS resolvers set by client by end of September

You can bid on domains when it launches but the rate that domains are sold are throttled by delegates so in theory they could choose to allow 0 domain sales for as long as they want.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline sfinder

• View Profile

中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline sfinder

• View Profile
wondering if you have a go-live timeline ?

hi toast, getting a lot of messages from Chinese community and wondering if you have a go-live timeline ? they are all excited of your new allocation  +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。