Author Topic: Tutorial?  (Read 7214 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I'm trying to import MultiBit wallet, I donated all from there. It says to put in exact path, is this the location on my pc such as C:\users\AppData etc etc? When I put a path and hit import nothing happens, it still also says network issues and catching up on the bottom right of bitshares, which I'm not sure if I need to wait for it to sync before attempting anything either.

P.S. thanks again for helping!

Why you guys hijack my thread, trying to get help here lol. So am I doing it right? it synced but when I hit import I get no error no nothing, just doesn't work at all.

Edit: Details> I used the path of multibit for C:\Users\MyUsername\AppData\Roaming\MultiBit etc and trying importing with file name included and not included. BitsharesX is fully synced as well.

I had the same problem. I donated using both PTS and AGS before the snapshot date. The wallet import from the PTS client worked just fine and I immediately saw the balance from it in the BitShares X client. But when I tried to import the MultiBit wallet containing my AGS donation address it would just say "imported successfully" but without any change to the balance, although the AGS explorer shows I should get 57K.

To solve this I opened the MultiBit client and selected the wallet I have done the AGS donation from. Then from the MultiBit main menu I selected "Tools" --> "Export Private Keys". From there I did an export and chose not to password protect the export (otherwise the next step won't work), which created a .key file. Then I opened this file with a text editor (I am on Windows and used notepad) and copied the private key from there to the clipboard.
Now in the BitShares X client instead of "Import Wallet" I used "Import Private Key" and pasted the key from the clipboard. I left "[X] Rescan blockchain" checked and after I clicked "Import Key" the balance didn't show up immediately but after some time the transaction scanning has been in progress. It was exactly the 57K as shown on the explorer, so everything was fine now.

I don't know whether I did something wrong or the MultiBit client import is just broken (or not working yet) but either way this is another option of importing from MultiBit. Note that after you finished this process you should immediately delete the .key file again, so you don't have your private key lying around on your disk in unencrypted form.

same goes for armory. just did it yesterday. problem is only with hundreds of private keys, because armory produces a lot of them. hope they fix armory import soon or you can import privat key in a .txt file so no manuel labor is here needed anymore.

Offline xOR

• View Profile
I'm trying to import MultiBit wallet, I donated all from there. It says to put in exact path, is this the location on my pc such as C:\users\AppData etc etc? When I put a path and hit import nothing happens, it still also says network issues and catching up on the bottom right of bitshares, which I'm not sure if I need to wait for it to sync before attempting anything either.

Why you guys hijack my thread, trying to get help here lol. So am I doing it right? it synced but when I hit import I get no error no nothing, just doesn't work at all.

Edit: Details> I used the path of multibit for C:\Users\MyUsername\AppData\Roaming\MultiBit etc and trying importing with file name included and not included. BitsharesX is fully synced as well.

I had the same problem. I donated using both PTS and AGS before the snapshot date. The wallet import from the PTS client worked just fine and I immediately saw the balance from it in the BitShares X client. But when I tried to import the MultiBit wallet containing my AGS donation address it would just say "imported successfully" but without any change to the balance, although the AGS explorer shows I should get 57K.

To solve this I opened the MultiBit client and selected the wallet I have done the AGS donation from. Then from the MultiBit main menu I selected "Tools" --> "Export Private Keys". From there I did an export and chose not to password protect the export (otherwise the next step won't work), which created a .key file. Then I opened this file with a text editor (I am on Windows and used notepad) and copied the private key from there to the clipboard.
Now in the BitShares X client instead of "Import Wallet" I used "Import Private Key" and pasted the key from the clipboard. I left "[X] Rescan blockchain" checked and after I clicked "Import Key" the balance didn't show up immediately but after some time the transaction scanning has been in progress. It was exactly the 57K as shown on the explorer, so everything was fine now.

I don't know whether I did something wrong or the MultiBit client import is just broken (or not working yet) but either way this is another option of importing from MultiBit. Note that after you finished this process you should immediately delete the .key file again, so you don't have your private key lying around on your disk in unencrypted form.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:44:11 pm by xOR »

Offline Amurru

• View Profile

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:51:41 pm by Amurru »

Offline testz

Ok thanks. I am trying to import the priv key of my blockchain address to the client. It says sucessfully imported but no BTSX afterwards nor any transaction etc.
Any fix?

Please look at this thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6879

Offline jztxeno

• View Profile
I got no clue about AGS but still purchased some, lol. So what can you do with them? I heard somewhere you can't trade it - What exactly are they used for? Should I import them from my blockchain address into my bitshares wallet?

Thanks in advance :D

If you purchased you AGS before Feb 28, 2014, yes import AGS to your BitsharesX wallet to receive your portion of BitsharesX.

Otherwise donate too me  ;D at soniq

:D So will they be converted to BTSX and nothing more?
No, you will receive shares in all future DACS that honor the BTS/AGS consensous

Ok thanks. I am trying to import the priv key of my blockchain address to the client. It says sucessfully imported but no BTSX afterwards nor any transaction etc.
Any fix?

Offline soniq

• View Profile
I got no clue about AGS but still purchased some, lol. So what can you do with them? I heard somewhere you can't trade it - What exactly are they used for? Should I import them from my blockchain address into my bitshares wallet?

If you purchased you AGS before Feb 28, 2014, yes import AGS to your BitsharesX wallet to receive your portion of BitsharesX.

No, you will receive shares in all future DACS that honor the BTS/AGS consensous
Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline jztxeno

• View Profile

Offline soniq

• View Profile

Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline jztxeno

• View Profile

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Hi can someone please fund my account?

BTSX8Fsyk4VENS2Yn5eUbL2QnGYD5orLsxw5vxX2FEDh7SjSYrDbEw
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Amurru

• View Profile

Offline gamey

• View Profile
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares-x-how-to#Attempting_a_wallet_import_to_receive_BTSX_from_February_28th_snapshot

The bottom of the list shows how to import a wallet from the gui, but it doesn't go into any detail than what is needed.  Posting where you are having problem would be helpful.

You need to locate where your wallet file is and that depends on the bitcoin software you used to donate to AGS.   (Or did you use PTS donation?)
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Welcome Amurru,

and if you need more infos about you couldn't find on wiki ... don't hesitate to ask in this thread!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hey there and welcome to the community

Take a look at
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares-x-how-to
I guess almost all questions are answered there .. if not just return here :)

Offline Amurru

• View Profile
I donated btc to ags, and now that the donating period is over I came back to see what is going on but cannot figure out how to get the AGS moved to bitsharesx wallet, and don't even know if that's where they go. I downloaded the wallet and made a username but cannot register without it being funded. Can anyone give me a step by step on what to do now?