Author Topic: Bitshare's Tee's and hoodies, Open call to have YOUR DAC listed on the back  (Read 11919 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
^^  to that end, maybe "I killed the bank" even needs to go on the front, more likely to start conversation. Or both, haha
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I killed the bank <- is vaguely political for historical reasons.  Both the left and the right are tired of the banking system for various reasons.  Occupy Wall-Street vs Tea-party types.  It is not an unpopular sentiment and it will AGREE with people who are interested in Bitshares X.  Those it "scares off" will probably not be of the mind to want BTSX anytime soon to begin with, so the loss would largely be a perception.

I killed the Bank also just makes the t-shirt cool.  It sparks up conversation.  For people already into Bitshares it seems a lot more appealing to wear.

How many T-shirts are there with nothing more than simple logos ?  BAAH!  BLAND ! 

Perhaps make it "X killed the Bank"  then people go X ? huh ?  Then you have Bitshares X somewhere nearby to make the reference in people's head.

Just listing product has no hook to it.  Although I might wear it anyway, it would be more a "I don't wear this t-shirt because it is cool, i wear it because I'm out of laundry."

History buffs will be pulled in, and do people really dislike Andrew Jackson?  I'm not a history buff, but he seems like a cool guy to me.  lol.

edit -

I think if someone doesn't then I'll make either a "X killed the Bank" or "I killed the Bank" t-shirt.  I agree Toast about the t-shirt being too adsy with all the DACS list.

The decentralized this/that has the problem that most people have no clue what that even means.  It is the same with advertising all the DACs.

"I killed the bank" does have humor.  As far as it not being classy, it is a t-shirt and meant to make a statement and grab attention.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:48:59 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

bitbro

We live in a world of smartphones, laptops and search engines. 

One line and a brand is a good way to pique curiosity.  Once on site the visitor can find the rest of the Bitshares ecosystem

KISS works very well with marketing in our one click you are gone world
So your suggestion would also be to drop the DAC's on the back and to keep the logo and qoute in there current placement? I just want to clarify.

Front: bitshares, small in left
Back:  "I killed the bank", larger bitshares centered below.

I prefer black.

Id buy, but the mockup should be drafted and revised until it's damn good.  Is someone already mocking this up?

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

One line and a brand is a good way to pique curiosity.  Once on site the visitor can find the rest of the Bitshares ecosystem

So your suggestion would also be to drop the DAC's on the back and to keep the logo and qoute in there current placement? I just want to clarify.

I prefer black.

Perfect thanks.
If you use a black tee,  I would assume changing the qoute color to white. Also for some reason black tees are slightly more but if people like them and its what the community wants it can be changed.
If I get one or too more nods I will go with that design. 

Offline toast

• View Profile

I prefer black.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

Offline soniq

• View Profile

Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Honestly I wouldn't wear it. Make it simpler and less "BUY BITSHARES" vibe.

A simple "I killed the bank" on the bank and "bitshares" on the front left

You don't think its a good idea to list the DAC's on the back to help promote the whole family instead of just one DAC?

While I am most interested in btsx my thoughts were getting the word out about all the DAC's would be beneficial. We are selling a family of products not just one. People that are holders of pts and especially ags have a interest in seeing all these products grow.

If I were making shirts up for bitshares employees I 100% agree small logo across the chest and probably dropping that quote all together and maybe using something more classy, perhaps a quote from someone in the industry.  The reason being is that if you are at a conference or meeting with people they are (chances are) people that will all ready be involved or have a reasonable amount of back round knowledge about the product and what you are doing.

Thank you for taking the time to provide insight. The more insight we have the better products can be branded and hopefully promoted together. Once a company has 1 great product people will also become more interested in there less well known products.
The above mock up is geared simply at people that have no involvement in in crypto at the present time(untapped market). It in essence is a quick "sales pitch" to get them to the site. From their we can educate them on the products and help to bring them into the fold.   

Offline toast

• View Profile
Honestly I wouldn't wear it. Make it simpler and less "BUY BITSHARES" vibe.

A simple "I killed the bank" on the bank and "bitshares" on the front left

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Here is a revision that may be more appealing and look a little better, please give feedback of any kind

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
I envision everything from buying signature space, ad's on crypto blogs, give aways of shirts and swag(geared toward every demographic) and maybe even getting a couple of crypto celeb's to rock our gear so to speak(Adam,Andreas, Charles and even Vitalik).

That would be funny   :)

Even though we are competing in a way both camps are trying to solve the same issues. How great of a photo would it make for us to wear there shirts and they wear our's. I think it would be hilarious and both camps could share the photo as a way to promote themselves and competing technologies.

Of course it will never happen but on the lighter side I would like to think there is a level of mutual respect for the work that both they and we are doing, it also goes to help to build and broaden the industry as a whole.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
I envision everything from buying signature space, ad's on crypto blogs, give aways of shirts and swag(geared toward every demographic) and maybe even getting a couple of crypto celeb's to rock our gear so to speak(Adam,Andreas, Charles and even Vitalik).

That would be funny   :)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Good work. I3 should pay you for actually marketing something tangible.

lol I appreciate the kind words very much but even this is just a very small step "a step none the less though".  I would love to be more involved as while I know I am not as tech savy as nearly all the users on this forum, I am passionate about the work is being done here.

With a actual budget I envision everything from buying signature space, ad's on crypto blogs, give aways of shirts and swag(geared toward every demographic) and maybe even getting a couple of crypto celeb's to rock our gear so to speak(Adam,Andreas, Charles and even Vitalik). More importantly I think it would be prudent to market toward the general public and get you everyday people involved. None of these ideas are new or different its just the way you present them and you ability to be able to make people from all backgrounds excited about them.

I don't like the fact that while I feel like our ideas or technically sound, we (at least to me) are like a ugly girl you banged in college. You know it was great and fun but you will never tell your friends about it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:10:22 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Good work. I3 should pay you for actually marketing something tangible.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
+5%

I think the quote 'I killed the bank' relates more to a BitShares X T-Shirt, than a general BitShares T-Shirt. (I like the quote font though but I would make it black.)

I like the back, but I would put BitShares X at the top and follow my vote last.

I agree about the color of the qoute and it can be changed but it would add to the cost a little because of the fact that it is more labor intensive when changing colors when screen printing.

I agree that That the I killed the bank qoute does relate to btsx and not bitshares as a whole. My thoughts were that it would catch more eyes, cause more discussions and create more smirks when people read it. A option would be to but the qoute on the back(then we could do it in black at no added cost), and maybe list btsx last on the list of DAC's with the qoute in a slightly larger font so that it could be read.
How about something less political?  Something to attract investment rather than activism unless it's the follow my vote DAC which is more about activism.

Humor is a good weapon.

I am not trying to make it a political statement but I can easily understand how it can be viewed that way. It is merely a powerful short qoute from a person that most people (Americans at least should know). 
Let me put it to you this way, If you are walking through the store and your eyes are quickly scanning around at the different faces, clothes colors.....etc. Would reading the qoute draw up ANY feelings inside you? Would it make you more curious? These shirts are being made from the stand point of bring new members to the crypto community.

If I was going to market something to people that were all ready involved in the crypto game the look would be completely different. Collar shirt, breathable under armor type mesh, clean simply logo across the breast and a perhaps Charles "IPO in a box" qoute. With the DAC's listed down the back(maybe). Its all about reaching different markets and different demographic's of people. So why not do what some many politicians do and pick a demographic that has not been marketed too, instead of continuing to try to entice a demographic that is all ready saturated.

Please note these are just different thoughts and just one of many different ways of trying to keep people of many different levels of education,backround and beliefs to become interested enough in a idea (bitshares) to google it. If this was a true well funded marketing push you would do a few shirts of different styles to appeal to as many different people as possible.  With each piece of clothing/swag being geared toward a specific "group".