Author Topic: New Chapter for MktDirector  (Read 14835 times)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
You all have been told the marketing campaign starts when 1.0 is released... Why do you insist on complaining about this?  Do you want BM to come on here and tell you for hundredth time what you already know? Is that really going to make you feel better?

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
"Next month", "Quarter X 201X", "Can't divulge our plans", "huge marketing push coming soon". The check is always in the mail responses are very alarming. There is a pattern here.

My guess is the Marketing team sucked all the funds they could get away with without producing. I3 has to stand by the erroneous decisions due to the scam landscape in the altcoin hobby. A internal controversy could make or break these things. So, I3 keeps kicking the can hoping Bitshares will catch fire on its own throug no help from the marketing team.

If anyone from Brian's team gets a 100% delegate elected, I will be divesting. I would rather Stacey from MethodX's team be a 100% delegate. Then again maybe Method and Stacey are already part of Brian's team? Has MethodX revealed his identity?

All members of this community who I communicate with regularly know who I am. My name is Matt MacPherson. Add me to Facebook, follow me on Twitter... whatever. I am not a member of Brians marketing team. I welcome you to join nullstreet and see first hand the progress being made by community members.

I was being facetious about you being part of Brian's team.

By the way, you are doing good work. You have done more in two-three months than Brian's team has done in over a year. Here he got $100k and BTS and you are getting about $1500/mo in BTS you have to liquidate just to bankroll any marketing, go figure. Keep it up if you can afford to float it! My guess is you will have to put up a chunk of your own money (you might want to check the opportunity cost on that money, buy more bts vs. spending money on marketing) to do any realistic viable advertising. I think there were a couple other delegates wanting to do marketing and sought out advertising only to find it would take months-years to gather enough bts to fund a decent highly viewed ad.

I will allow myself to be exploited temporarily. I'm fully aware of what's going on. I view this as more than just an investment and am genuinely committed to decentralized solutions and the social change it will inevitably bring about. For that, I think it's worth being taken advantage of. Otherwise, no rational person would ever do what I'm doing.

We will know who drives growth, it will be pretty easy to see.

I believe Brian P talked a good story that is all.  I think he is a "brain" for doing it but he needs to step up or else bitshares is not going to be where its at.

Its the saying "If you talk the talk, can you walk the walk."

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
"Next month", "Quarter X 201X", "Can't divulge our plans", "huge marketing push coming soon". The check is always in the mail responses are very alarming. There is a pattern here.

My guess is the Marketing team sucked all the funds they could get away with without producing. I3 has to stand by the erroneous decisions due to the scam landscape in the altcoin hobby. A internal controversy could make or break these things. So, I3 keeps kicking the can hoping Bitshares will catch fire on its own throug no help from the marketing team.

If anyone from Brian's team gets a 100% delegate elected, I will be divesting. I would rather Stacey from MethodX's team be a 100% delegate. Then again maybe Method and Stacey are already part of Brian's team? Has MethodX revealed his identity?

All members of this community who I communicate with regularly know who I am. My name is Matt MacPherson. Add me to Facebook, follow me on Twitter... whatever. I am not a member of Brians marketing team. I welcome you to join nullstreet and see first hand the progress being made by community members.

By the way, you are doing good work. You have done more in two-three months than Brian's team has done in over a year. Here he got $100k and BTS and you are getting about $1500/mo in BTS you have to liquidate just to bankroll any marketing, go figure. Keep it up if you can afford to float it! My guess is you will have to put up a chunk of your own money (you might want to check the opportunity cost on that money, buy more bts vs. spending money on marketing) to do any realistic viable advertising. I think there were a couple other delegates wanting to do marketing and sought out advertising only to find it would take months-years to gather enough bts to fund a decent highly viewed ad.

+5% I know I'm getting completely screwed and will allow myself to be exploited temporarily. I'm fully aware of what's going on. I view this as more than just an investment and am genuinely committed to decentralized solutions and the social change it will inevitably bring about. For that, I think it's worth being taken advantage of. Otherwise, no rational person would ever do what I'm doing.

Well said. Hopefully I3 will step up and help you and others, which if i recall was "supposed" to be the plan. "Bootstrapping" was a term thrown around during AGS funding. I don't see any bootstrapping happening besides for the questionable (according to me) FMV plan.

I just hope you don't look back and find out you wasted your money or could've put that money into BTS as a long term investment. I really dont think BTS is all of a sudden going to the moon. Especially taking the FMV route. It's going to be a long ride, probably 6 years before we get near $1/bts.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

I will allow myself to be exploited temporarily. I'm fully aware of what's going on. I view this as more than just an investment and am genuinely committed to decentralized solutions and the social change it will inevitably bring about. For that, I think it's worth being taken advantage of. Otherwise, no rational person would ever do what I'm doing.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:12:32 am by Method-X »

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
IMHO, I believe that incentives should be shared with the unofficial marketing team and anyone who contributes positively on nullstreet.

We are talking about millions of BTS and it's much more expensive by then. So say yes to your suggestion means say yes to massive potential talents being employed by blockchain.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
IMHO, I believe that incentives should be shared with the unofficial marketing team and anyone who contributes positively on nullstreet.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Your "guesses" are accurate though, aren't they? Dan stopped paying brian a salary and instead gave him + new outside marketers from st martin a conditional reward. Meanwhile he is both supporting outside marketing attempts and trying to do some sort of marketing thing with FMV and adam.

There's no controversies to be had, there was no scam (maliciousness), only a lack of results and accountability.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Open Source Software Should Never Have Closed Source Marketing

+5%

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:58:56 pm by Method-X »

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Then again maybe Method and Stacey are already part of Brian's team? Has MethodX revealed his identity?

The only thing that matters to me is results.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12131.0

MethodX's initiative has encouraged a large group of people busting ass for this community daily in the marketing side of the house on NullStreet.  He could be the Jolly Green Giant for all I care, results.  All our efforts are completely open on NullStreet.

Open Source Software Should Never Have Closed Source Marketing
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline mitao

• View Profile

Just tell us what B had done during the last 4 months?
he seems didn't make any progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lzr1900

Just tell us what B had done during the last 4 months?
he seems didn't make any progress.

Offline onceuponatime

We have targets for number of downloads, number of funded wallets, total market cap, etc. 
Is Brian the only one who is paid when those targets are met?

No
Freerider problem / group trap? Just trying to understand the incentive structure....

Yes, I would also like to understand the incentive structure, especially now that a member of Brian's team is asking for delegate pay.