Author Topic: New Chapter for MktDirector  (Read 14819 times)

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Thanks guys.   My primary focus will be all about BitSharesX right now as the strategy for upcoming DACs is still being drafted.   Riverhead is right, I have a lot more skin in the game as I'll only be rewarded for my efforts and results now and no longer paid for my time. 

The marketing campaign we plan to run won't take effect overnight, but when it does, we expect to see significant adoption and inflow of capital to BitSharesX. We have targets for number of downloads, number of funded wallets, total market cap, etc.  So please, get your hands on BTSX now, while it's still cheap. I want the community to benefit from what's to come, since you all built this as much as any of us have. 

B

Offline bytemaster

FYI:  Brian is more enthused with BTSX than at any point in the past 9 months.  He is working for marketing of BTSX, VOTE, DNS, any any other DAC.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Good luck Brian in your new direction and I'm sure we'll hear more from you  +5%
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline Riverhead

I always wanted to run a completely virtual company almost as a lark.  Outsource HR, Development, Sales, Marketing, and Accounting and you could run the whole business from your dinning room :) .

On a more serious note having Marketing outsourced to Brian's new venture means he has a lot more skin in the game. Now promoting BitShares is not just a job for Brian. It's a potential feather in the portfolio of a new company. The stakes are much higher, the rewards much greater.

Or to put it in Doge-speak: Much Stake. Such Reward. So Marketing.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:54:58 am by Riverhead »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I am sure that this makes sense for I3, Bitshares and Brian!

I wonder though (complete speculation) if this is part of a decentralization for the purpose of decentralization strategy.

(Corporate) centralization can make things more efficient http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_the_firm
Centralization can also lead to inefficiency.
It should be a case by case decision.

To me a decentralized society is a goal in itself. Whether a decentralized Bitshares ecosystem is the most efficient way to reach this goal, to me would be an instrumental case by case decision.

Any "official" comment on the strategy? (if there is one) :) 

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
well...I hope you all the best

any candidate for this role right now? how about kevin harrington? :P :P

He is moving from employee to independent entrepreneur with the same task but powerful new incentives and capabilities.

:) yeah - good choice - great for the community - power to the DACs +5%

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:23:21 am by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline testz

Offline Riverhead

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

He is moving from employee to independent entrepreneur with the same task but powerful new incentives and capabilities. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
May I ask, is this part of the strategy of 3I or your own decision?
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline KeyhoteeCN

• View Profile
delegate team:【SUN】
BTSX delegate: x1.sun、x2.sun

BTSX account: keyhoteecn 新浪微博Weibo:http://weibo.com/577551633

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
As someone who's been an entrepreneur and self employed nearly all of my professional life, I've always been drawn to starting businesses.   As of today, I'll once again be self employed, as I am launching a new marketing company.   I'll continue on as brand champion for BitShares and will still be very involved with the BitShares team, but will no longer draw a salary.  I believe there will soon be a real need to market and promote new DACs and I want to focus my efforts on doing just that.   

One of our core values at BitShares has always been about decentralization.  In the next six months I expect the pace of decentralization to increase, even among BitShares as an organization.  We will have several businesses spring out of our core team, this one being just one of them.  I have put together an incredible team of my own and our primary focus in the next couple months will be in improving and promoting BitSharesX, as well as strategic marketing for several upcoming DACs.   

Expect in the near future to see a link for my company on the partners page and feel free to reach out if you're a project lead on a DAC and you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your marketing needs.   Thanks BitShares forum, and here's to even greater days ahead for BitShares! 

Bigger Than Bitcoin,
Brian

Do you have a marketing plan to show us or something we can use to measure progress behind your efforts?

So far Bitshares X isn't even showing signs of growth so a lot of us are skeptical right now. When will we see positive results and what do you plan to do?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

merockstar

Does this mean you're participating as a hobbyist instead of a paid, pro marketing guy?

This would kind of disappoint me. I wanted to see what you would be able to do once the ball got rolling on bitUSD and BitShares Music.

Offline bodenliu

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█