Author Topic: Marketing Director, Brian Page, leaving Bitshares  (Read 19540 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
stop complaining -- and start helping ....come in guys .. marketing camaigns may not get the right effect if they are completely transparent before launching the campaign...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:34:35 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
he is NOT stepping down.. just not taking sallery from i3 :)

Ok. Great. Maybe now that he isn't getting paid, marketing productivity will increase. /s

it is not correct . do you really believe he will not be get paid on a contract base from I3?

Come on dudes -- what's up here? .. Brian isn't out of BitShares! He's optimizing workflow to help on more stages IMO!

I've noticed same a few weeks before... When working for III as an employee then it isn't possible to help other DACs devs on startup their companies.
So i've decided to work as a Contractor.  (max flexibility). Guessing Brian noticed same issues and also wants to help on more hot spots!

my 2 BTSX

He is moving from employee to independent entrepreneur with the same task but powerful new incentives and capabilities.

please correct me if Im wrong, wasn't the whole point of I3's existence and the AGS fund to "bootstrap" the DAC sector?

No offense, but the Marketing Director hasn't done much in terms of marketing and now that he is stepping down at a critical time like this, just seems odd and suspect. I am pretty sure people called for his resignation and he refused only to leave during critical times?

you nailed it! sry to say it again. the problem here is not Brian stepping down, but how the whole job is done. this is a community driven project.

i want to see the contact lists he made for us with "our" money? as his employer (ok, it is really over the top  ;) ) i want to have his contact datas, what was he working etc. it is not only Brians "problem" . I3 is in this point not open enough. Only to tell "something big is comming" is not enough. success comes with hard work and i see hard work on the coding side of bitshares, but without some data from parts like marketing it is only just hot air! maybe i am not big enough to get heard, or my english is as bad as i assume .

Yes, I am with you.

Beyond being the "press secretary", hiring an invisible social media person, and acting video coordinator, I too would like a list of achievements or productions by the marketing team. Sorry, pitching BTC heavyweights to buy BTSX doesn't count as marketing. That's sales.

After all it is community funds that are giving him the opportunity to produce something. So far that something is lacking in effect, publicity, and is shrouded in secrecy. "something big is coming" doesn't mean anything when transparency was supposed to be required and maintained.

Offline soniq

• View Profile
Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Ok. Great. Maybe now that he isn't getting paid, marketing productivity will increase. /s

it is not correct . do you really believe he will not be get paid on a contract base from I3?

Come on dudes -- what's up here? .. Brian isn't out of BitShares! He's optimizing workflow to help on more stages IMO!

I've noticed same a few weeks before... When working for III as an employee then it isn't possible to help other DACs devs on startup their companies.
So i've decided to work as a Contractor.  (max flexibility). Guessing Brian noticed same issues and also wants to help on more hot spots!

my 2 BTSX

He is moving from employee to independent entrepreneur with the same task but powerful new incentives and capabilities.

please correct me if Im wrong, wasn't the whole point of I3's existence and the AGS fund to "bootstrap" the DAC sector?

No offense, but the Marketing Director hasn't done much in terms of marketing and now that he is stepping down at a critical time like this, just seems odd and suspect. I am pretty sure people called for his resignation and he refused only to leave during critical times?

you nailed it! sry to say it again. the problem here is not Brian stepping down, but how the whole job is done. this is a community driven project.

i want to see the contact lists he made for us with "our" money? as his employer (ok, it is really over the top  ;) ) i want to have his contact datas, what was he working etc. it is not only Brians "problem" . I3 is in this point not open enough. Only to tell "something big is comming" is not enough. success comes with hard work and i see hard work on the coding side of bitshares, but without some data from parts like marketing it is only just hot air! maybe i am not big enough to get heard, or my english is as bad as i assume .

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

my 2 BTSX

[/quote]

Offline yellowecho

This is exciting!!   +5%
For those worriers out there, this new firm will enable Brian to focus on marketing individual DACs which will not only help grow the industry but will also significantly broaden the Bitshares user base as a whole.  Think about it-- this new firm will be building and marketing brands for new DACs such as BitTunes, VOTEDAC, and Bitshares Toast to bring them to the masses!  This news is bullish as hell.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

my 2 BTSX

make sense, brian +5%

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L00 上的 Tapatalk

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Charles, Dan, and Stan should work together along with Brian to devise a effective marketing plan.  When I look at Stellar's launch a week ago, I believe Bitshares could learn from its launch.  Do you guys agree?  Let me know your thoughts.

Hadn't heard of Stellar. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole myself. Huge Sharedrops, which so far have only crashed coins, and often seem to be a mechanism to reward devs while trying to appear fair, such as NEM, even sceptical of some others...

This is probably the funniest thing I've read in a while -

The Foundation received a loan of $3,000,000 from Stripe which was subsequently repaid with 2% of the stellars. The Foundation is allowed to use up to 5% of the initial stellars to fund operations (including the loan repayment). 

That would mean Stripe needs Stellar to be worth $150 000 000 just to break even? Like hell they made that initial investment on those terms imo.

The Stellar share drop via Facebook was a great way to market.  The clean interface and straight forward signup process gave ordinary people the opportunity to obtain the new currency.  As a result, many people outside of the crypto community now has Stellar.  I don't think we can say the same for Bitshares.  See the Stellar statshttps://www.stellar.org/stats/.  I just hope we can borrow some aspects from this project and leverage them to our benefit.

I just want BitShares to succeed and adoption is critical to accomplish this end.

Like AuroraCoin bootstrapped Iceland? At least they had a target market...

Thanks for bringing it to my attention though, I will be interested to see how it plays out in the next two months purely from a PR & marketing view.

(Though I actually think a little sharedrop 1-4%, could be positive if handled right.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:34:24 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline Riverhead

my 2 BTSX

Well said.  +5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Come on dudes -- what's up here? .. Brian isn't out! He's optimizing workflow to help on more stages IMO!

Much sense, very move, So +5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

my 2 BTSX

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
You guys should seriously consider moving in a different direction with your marketing. This is a golden opportunity to have that conversation. Why don't you involve the community you currently have and come up with a stronger marketing plan.
Are you available?  :P
...and still passionated? 

Offline Pairmike

Charles, Dan, and Stan should work together along with Brian to devise a effective marketing plan.  When I look at Stellar's launch a week ago, I believe Bitshares could learn from its launch.  Do you guys agree?  Let me know your thoughts.

Hadn't heard of Stellar. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole myself. Huge Sharedrops, which so far have only crashed coins, and often seem to be a mechanism to reward devs while trying to appear fair, such as NEM, even sceptical of some others...

This is probably the funniest thing I've read in a while -

The Foundation received a loan of $3,000,000 from Stripe which was subsequently repaid with 2% of the stellars. The Foundation is allowed to use up to 5% of the initial stellars to fund operations (including the loan repayment). 

That would mean Stripe needs Stellar to be worth $150 000 000 just to break even? Like hell they made that initial investment on those terms imo.

The Stellar share drop via Facebook was a great way to market.  The clean interface and straight forward signup process gave ordinary people the opportunity to obtain the new currency.  As a result, many people outside of the crypto community now has Stellar.  I don't think we can say the same for Bitshares.  See the Stellar statshttps://www.stellar.org/stats/.  I just hope we can borrow some aspects from this project and leverage them to our benefit.

I just want BitShares to succeed and adoption is critical to accomplish this end.
https://Steemit.com | The Social Media Network that Pays