Author Topic: Marketing Director, Brian Page, leaving Bitshares  (Read 19545 times)

Offline Riverhead

People come and go from companies all the time as different opportunities avail themselves. It's very easy to get all crazy with speculation but mostly that does more harm than good.

Best of luck Brian. The future is quite bright for all of us.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:48:07 am by Riverhead »

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Charles, Dan, and Stan should work together along with Brian to devise a effective marketing plan.  When I look at Stellar's launch a week ago, I believe Bitshares could learn from its launch.  Do you guys agree?  Let me know your thoughts.

Hadn't heard of Stellar. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole myself. Huge Sharedrops, which so far have only crashed coins, and often seem to be a mechanism to reward devs while trying to appear fair, such as NEM, even sceptical of some others...

This is probably the funniest thing I've read in a while -

The Foundation received a loan of $3,000,000 from Stripe which was subsequently repaid with 2% of the stellars. The Foundation is allowed to use up to 5% of the initial stellars to fund operations (including the loan repayment). 

That would mean Stripe needs Stellar to be worth $150 000 000 just to break even? Like hell they made that initial investment on those terms imo.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
You guys should seriously consider moving in a different direction with your marketing. This is a golden opportunity to have that conversation. Why don't you involve the community you currently have and come up with a stronger marketing plan.

+5%

if i would leave my company everything i done i has to give to my replacement. i hope we will see something. i was not a big fan of brian, because everything was done in secret no updates at all to the community. this working behavior is not the best for a community driven product. i hope I3 will choose better and in all parts I3 will open up more.

Offline onceuponatime

His company's modest first strategic objective is to double the market cap of BTSX a half-dozen times or so.  I'm betting they will.

:)
+1

Yes, but how does his new company earn profits? How does it acquire funds to pay its expenses? From whence its cash flow? I'm just trying to understand the business model.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
His company's modest first strategic objective is to double the market cap of BTSX a half-dozen times or so.  I'm betting they will.

+1

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
You guys should seriously consider moving in a different direction with your marketing. This is a golden opportunity to have that conversation. Why don't you involve the community you currently have and come up with a stronger marketing plan.
+5%

Offline Pairmike

Charles, Dan, and Stan should work together along with Brian to devise a effective marketing plan.  When I look at Stellar's launch a week ago, I believe Bitshares could learn from its launch.  Do you guys agree?  Let me know your thoughts. 
https://Steemit.com | The Social Media Network that Pays

Offline oco101

• View Profile
As someone who's been an entrepreneur and self employed nearly all of my professional life, I've always been drawn to starting businesses.   As of today, I'll once again be self employed, as I am launching a new marketing company.   I'll continue on as brand champion for BitShares and will still be very involved with the BitShares team, but will no longer draw a salary.  I believe there will soon be a real need to market and promote new DACs and I want to focus my efforts on doing just that.   

One of our core values at BitShares has always been about decentralization.  In the next six months I expect the pace of decentralization to increase, even among BitShares as an organization.  We will have several businesses spring out of our core team, this one being just one of them.  I have put together an incredible team of my own and our primary focus in the next couple months will be in improving and promoting BitSharesX, as well as strategic marketing for several upcoming DACs.   

Expect in the near future to see a link for my company on the partners page and feel free to reach out if you're a project lead on a DAC and you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your marketing needs.   Thanks BitShares forum, and here's to even greater days ahead for BitShares! 

Bigger Than Bitcoin,
Brian

Do you have a marketing plan to show us or something we can use to measure progress behind your efforts?

So far Bitshares X isn't even showing signs of growth so a lot of us are skeptical right now. When will we see positive results and what do you plan to do?

He was not answering those kind of question when he was a full time I3 employee so don't expect too much now
Don't know what to say .... he was very good explaining bitshares in general one of the best, we have to give him that!!!
Bitshare-x is out and the others DAC's are around the corner..... so I was thinking finally now he can deliver marketing wise. he has a real product in his hands etc....but obviously I was wrong he chose to move on.
Well, finally probably it is a good thing !!! Brian was doing alright overall but  "alright" is not good enough...you need to be passionate in this kind of business like many are here, even though they are not payed....
My personal take , Brian had a different market strategy that was not necessary I3 or the forum strategy,  so I hope now, he could deliver on he's own. He knows and understands the business like nobody else so marketing DAC the way he want too  probably it is a good think, for I3, for him and for the shareholders... so good luck Brian !!!
Alright now Brian is out!!! I3 marketing it is not the stronger side(anyway looking at the general forum opinion..) , so if there is a time to  change it is probably now, I suggest to look at the community AND let put some more marketing money it to this because this is really important ??

charleshoskinson

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Apparently he is starting his own firm.

I am not sure if this is good, bad or both.

With the upcoming release of the exchange, the hyped St. Martin trip, infomercial talk (garbage), and the Overstock rumblings, I can't help but wonder "why now"?

Is this confirmed? If it is then that is not good. Do we even have a measurement of his success as marketing director? The infomercials aren't here yet, there is no marketing campaign that I can see.
Maybe this is just me over-analysing, but tbh I did find it strange that in the St Martin video, whereas Stan is in a BitShares T-shirt and is all about 'We' and 'BitShares' as you'd expect, that Brian, 'The Marketing Director for BitShares' wasn't wearing a BitShares branded T-Shirt and was talking in terms of himself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keTREVYlKNY

'I know that out of this event all kinds of opportunities are going to be opened up to me that I wouldn't have otherwise had' 

Must have been some good opportunities...

Very interesting observation. I never noticed that before.

You guys worry too much.

Brian's new opportunity is to go make everything happen we've been talking about since St. Martin.  We are delighted to have Brian launch his new company as we have been and will be when other Invictus spin-offs are announced.  This has long been our publicly stated decentralization plan.  We are building an industry of independent partners.

http://bitshares.org/community/partners/

Very good to know this.  +5% +5%
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

With the upcoming release of the exchange, the hyped St. Martin trip, infomercial talk (garbage), and the Overstock rumblings, I can't help but wonder "why now"?

Is this confirmed? If it is then that is not good. Do we even have a measurement of his success as marketing director? The infomercials aren't here yet, there is no marketing campaign that I can see.
Maybe this is just me over-analysing, but tbh I did find it strange that in the St Martin video, whereas Stan is in a BitShares T-shirt and is all about 'We' and 'BitShares' as you'd expect, that Brian, 'The Marketing Director for BitShares' wasn't wearing a BitShares branded T-Shirt and was talking in terms of himself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keTREVYlKNY

'I know that out of this event all kinds of opportunities are going to be opened up to me that I wouldn't have otherwise had' 

You guys worry too much.

Brian's new opportunity is to go make everything happen we've been talking about since St. Martin.  We are delighted to have Brian launch his new company as we have been and will be when other Invictus spin-offs are announced.  This has long been our publicly stated decentralization plan.  We are building an industry of independent partners.

http://bitshares.org/community/partners/

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:55:55 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile

Let bullets flying........

do not draw any conclusion .....
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

merockstar